North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

What's annoying you today? V3 - R852 PRG - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Looking at your post - we were thinking the same thing...
Had a feeling he may have ridden on a preserved LH.

Sunderland Road had the ECW's too.
Winlaton had my favourite. Always thought the headlights looked 'goggly' and unfortunately, didn't get to ride too many.

I remember riding The Eden's Leyland Leopard at the MetroCentre, with Adam and Sean after the little group divided. That was a fantastic ride, probably one of the best ''old'' buses I think I've been on. Had a very melodious engine, certainly something different.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 03 Jun 2015

Honestly, every time I go out by myself I'm getting picked on. I've just been to the Chinese and some lad starting saying "areet dickhead" then "areet knobend".

This will end up the death of me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote A genuine Leyland Olympian - ECW Bodied.

Not one of those inferior Volvo types you like put on a pedestal.
I plead stupidity here...

BUT

What is ECW...

I only associate those letters to a man named Mr Heyman and his wrestling Business in the 1990's

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - R852 PRG - 03 Jun 2015

Not this again! Tongue Don't think I've ever been on one, if I have, I was a youngster. 

(03 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm)MurdnunoC wrote He had the opportunity but declined. I was there. 

The Leopard was about to go out on a shuttle, and the LH behind it didn't look like it was doing much. I think it was preparing to go out after the Leopard had left. 

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm)MrFozz wrote I plead stupidity here...

BUT

What is ECW...

I only associate those letters to a man named Mr Heyman and his wrestling Business in the 1990's

Eastern Coachworks, a builder of bus bodies I believe. 

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:44 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Eastern Coachworks, a builder of bus bodies I believe. 
Ah right cheers mate

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Andreos1 - 03 Jun 2015

Saw one earlier this week.
In decent nick, parked up just north of Hitchin station

(03 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Looking at your post - we were thinking the same thing...
Had a feeling he may have ridden on a preserved LH.

Sunderland Road had the ECW's too.
Winlaton had my favourite. Always thought the headlights looked 'goggly' and unfortunately, didn't get to ride too many.

I remember them occasionally being allocated to the 648/649's but I presumed these were from Sunderland Road not Winlaton. 

I can't remember Winlaton having any at all although they had other Atlantean variations. I certainly don't recall them being used on any other Winlaton service. 

Just to confirm we're on about the same type of bus (as this is not my strong point), they were the ones with the massive bumpers which you could probably stand on?

(03 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I remember them occasionally being allocated to the 648/649's but I presumed these were from Sunderland Road not Winlaton. 

I can't remember Winlaton having any at all although they had other Atlantean variations. I certainly don't recall them being used on any other Winlaton service. 

Just to confirm we're on about the same type of bus (as this is not my strong point), they were the ones with the massive bumpers which you could probably stand on?

The help bumpers were on the ECW (big black bumpers).

My favourite was the MCW - with the 'eyes'
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/nedbasher/5750937777/
They were the ones at Winlaton.

(03 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote The help bumpers were on the ECW (big black bumpers).

My favourite was the MCW - with the 'eyes'
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/nedbasher/5750937777/
They were the ones at Winlaton.

Aye remember those.

They also had these ones:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalmailman/11534606913/in/pool-bus_uk_northern_general_and_associated_companies_/

(03 Jun 2015, 6:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Aye remember those.

They also had these ones:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalmailman/11534606913/in/pool-bus_uk_northern_general_and_associated_companies_/

I can remember them. Rode them regularly on the 2x series, like in the photo - was always a Park Royal, ECW or Metrobus, back in the day.
Can't remember that livery like.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 03 Jun 2015

This is an ECW bodied Olympian - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/13804771874/in/photolist-n2T4Jb-n2T5gy (Also the same one in my Avatar)

Anyway Marcus, what are your views on the following....

Bluebird LMB
Renault PR100
King Long XMQ
Technobus Gulliver
Technobus Panthron
Irisbus Agoraline
Van Hool A308
Kirn Mogul
Spartan TXM2242
BYD K9E

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 04 Jun 2015

I've just received a text message and a phone call off 2 phone numbers of which I don't recognize

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 04 Jun 2015

(04 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm)Davie wrote I've just received a text message and a phone call off 2 phone numbers of which I don't recognize
I get them all the time...

PPI, The accident I never had last year and other shit like that...

Recently had calls from Swansea, Cromer, Leicester, London, [London]Derry, Belfast and Columbus, Ohio, I just block the numbers that I don't answer

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - DanPicken - 05 Jun 2015

(04 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm)MrFozz wrote I get them all the time...

PPI, The accident I never had last year and other shit like that...

Recently had calls from Swansea, Cromer, Leicester, London, [London]Derry, Belfast and Columbus, Ohio, I just block the numbers that I don't answer
I had one from Blackburn.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Kuyoyo - 05 Jun 2015

First bus of the day - broken down before it reached Stillington. I'm just lucky I was informed and was able to let people know - and still managed to keep to my plan thanks to a Taxi share.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 05 Jun 2015

I woke up this morning to a pervert drilling or something in another garden. Barely 0830 in the morning Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Malarkey - 05 Jun 2015

(05 Jun 2015, 10:23 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I woke up this morning to a pervert drilling or something in another garden. Barely 0830 in the morning Sad
How does that make him a Pervert exactly.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 05 Jun 2015

(05 Jun 2015, 10:23 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I woke up this morning to a pervert drilling or something in another garden. Barely 0830 in the morning Sad

Sadly for you 0830 is considered to be a reasonable time for this sort of thing, I know if you are on a construction site and are working on houses especially if there is other houses around the site they can start work at 8am so I don't think there really is much you can do about this even though it is incredibly annoying to be woken up at this time and the guy who lives opposite me has done this sort of thing at this sort of time on a weekend.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 05 Jun 2015

(05 Jun 2015, 10:33 am)Malarkey wrote How does that make him a Pervert exactly.

Depends what he's drilling doesn't it? Tongue