North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 10:57 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Oh yeah...

The Oldest Game in International Football is back next week for only the 5th time since 1996...

Scotland v England at Celtic Park

Should be an occasion. One of the only international matches I look forward to with England.

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 11:00 pm)aureolin wrote Should be an occasion. One of the only international matches I look forward to with England.

Yeah, me too, some members here won't remember the last competitive game we played against them...

The Euro 2000 Qualifying Play-Offs, won 2-1 on aggregate, Paul Scholes scored 2 at Hampden and Don Hutchison scored at Wembley...

Nothing beats 1996 though, when Gazza made c**ts of Colin Hendry and Andy Goram in a way only Gazza could do Big Grin

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Yeah, me too, some members here won't remember the last competitive game we played against them...

The Euro 2000 Qualifying Play-Offs, won 2-1 on aggregate, Paul Scholes scored 2 at Hampden and Don Hutchison scored at Wembley...

Nothing beats 1996 though, when Gazza made c**ts of Colin Hendry and Andy Goram in a way only Gazza could do Big Grin
And a year later, we tore Germany a new backside, and on foreign soil too. What a night that was.

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm)aureolin wrote And a year later, we tore Germany a new backside, and on foreign soil too. What a night that was.
Oh hell yes...I have never seen England play that good...I remember John Motsons commentary something like

DONT MENTION THE SCORE...ITS GERMANY 1 ENGLAND 5 Big Grin

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Oh hell yes...I have never seen England play that good...I remember John Motsons commentary something like

DONT MENTION THE SCORE...ITS GERMANY 1 ENGLAND 5 Big Grin
There's a few on YouTube with Tyler and Andy Gray commentary. Makes me wish BT Sport would sort him a job out.

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 16 Nov 2014

Anybody else notice the San Marino result on Saturday.

San Marino gained there 3rd ever point in a competitive match when they drew 0-0 with Estonia...The first was a 0-0 against Turkey in 1993, then against Latvia in 2001 and the Estonia game was the first they had not lost since 2004

Since they were formed in 1990 they only have 1 win to there name and that came in a friendly against Liechtenstein in 2004.

There all time record since 1990 is:-

P 123 W 1 D 3 L 119 GF 20 GA 531 GD -511 with a win ratio of 0.813%

So if we apply averages here, they are due a 2nd win soon and another competitive point within the next 10 years Big Grin

I still have not forgiven San Marino for us not qualifying for the World Cup in 1994, all we had to do was win by 7 clear goals, but Davide Gualtieri had other ideas and put the Sanmarinese ahead after 7 seconds, we won 7-1 but failed to qualify Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Malarkey - 16 Nov 2014

http://www.eva.co/blog/bad-tackle/

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 18 Nov 2014

Scotland 1-3 England,

Sco: Robertson
Eng: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney x2

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 21 Nov 2014

Should be a good weekend of football!
What's everyones score prediction?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 21 Nov 2014

(21 Nov 2014, 3:47 pm)Tom wrote Should be a good weekend of football!
What's everyones score prediction?
Chelsea 2-0 West Brom 
Everton 1-1 West Ham 
Leicester 2-1 Sunderland
Man City 3-1 Swansea
Newcastle 1-1 QPR
Stoke 0-0 Burnley
Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd

Crystal Palace 1-0 Liverpool
Hull 1-0 Tottenham

Aston Villa 0-2 Southampton

Don't want to predict that we'll beat QPR, as I know if I do we wont  Undecided

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 21 Nov 2014

(21 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm)mb134 wrote Chelsea 2-0 West Brom 
Everton 1-1 West Ham 
Leicester 2-1 Sunderland
Man City 3-1 Swansea
Newcastle 1-1 QPR
Stoke 0-0 Burnley
Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd

Hull 1-0 Tottenham

Don't want to predict that we'll beat QPR, as I know if I do we wont  Undecided
Overall I agree, I'll post mine later Smile

I think it will be:

Chelsea 3-1 WBA
Everton 1-2 West Ham
Leicester 1-0 Sunderland
Man City 4-0 Swansea
Newcastle 2-2 QPR
Stoke 0-1 Burnley
Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd

Hull 2-3 Spurs

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Nov 2014

(21 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm)Tom wrote I think it will be:

Chelsea 3-1 WBA
Everton 1-2 West Ham
Leicester 1-0 Sunderland
Man City 4-0 Swansea
Newcastle 2-2 QPR
Stoke 0-1 Burnley
Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd

Hull 2-3 Spurs

Chelsea 4-0 WBA
Everton 3-2 West Ham
Leicester 1-1 Sunderland
Man City 2-0 Swansea
Newcastle 2-1 QPR
Stoke 0-0 Burnley
Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Crystal Palace 2-1 Liverpool
Hull 1-2 Spurs

Aston Villa 1-2 Southampton

No real surprises there...

I reckon Danny Welbeck will punish Man Utd

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Nov 2014

History will be made tomorrow when England Women turn out at Wembley for the first time ever, they are playing European Champions Germany in front of an expected attendance of 55,000...

The Women are skippered by one of our own...Steph Houghton from South Hetton

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 23 Nov 2014

Coincidence today - Spurs' last away fixture was at Aston Villa, where they were 1-0 up early on. After half time, Aston Villa have a player sent off for fighting, and Spurs win.
Same thing has happened today...

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 23 Nov 2014

(23 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm)Tom wrote Coincidence today - Spurs' last away fixture was at Aston Villa, where they were 1-0 up early on. After half time, Aston Villa have a player sent off for fighting, and Spurs win.
Same thing has happened today...
From what I heard about Benteke's sending off in the Villa game, and Ramirez's today, it seems they were both caused by winding up from some of the Spurs team. If this is true, I don't like it at all. Despise Spurs, always will do, their fans seem to think they have a divine right to be challenging for the title every season...

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 23 Nov 2014

(23 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm)mb134 wrote From what I heard about Benteke's sending off in the Villa game, and Ramirez's today, it seems they were both caused by winding up from some of the Spurs team. If this is true, I don't like it at all. Despise Spurs, always will do, their fans seem to think they have a divine right to be challenging for the title every season...

Yeah they were, and I don't like it either. 

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 25 Nov 2014

David Kelly celebrates his birthday today and www.nufc.com have a top 5 of his time in the toon.

5. Greeted like a returning hero as he took his place among the Toon fans at Coventry City in our first Premiership away game - despite having been transferred by Newcastle just weeks before.
4. Celebrating with Toon fans on the touchline at Ayresome Park in a cup game - then pushing those fans back into the stand to keep them from the clutches of the rapidly-approaching Cleveland Constabulary.
3. Three first half goals (and a song, "David, David Kelly - scored a hat trick on the telly...") on what proved to be his final NUFC appearance - against former club Leicester City at SJP.
That in itself made the moment extra sweet for Kelly - having been forced to seek shelter in the away section at Filbert Street 12 months previously after City fans invaded the pitch and tried to set about him at the end of our game.

2. Applauded on to the field when appearing as a substitute against Newcastle at SJP in April 1997  - despite wearing the red and white shirt of you know who.....
1. There really can be only one winner:  to anyone who didn't guess this, you either weren't born, were being held hostage somewhere or are a bona-fide JCL.*

* Jonny come lately.

Can still see the goal now, Mickey Quinn on the right, knocks it forward late on in the game and Kelly scores. It finished 1-0 and we went to Leicester with hope.
That game is another cracker, but we can wait until it is Gavin Peacock's (or Steve White's Wink ) birthday.

Niall and Biffa describe it better...

Saturday April 25th 1992 and United were all aboard the Oblivion Express, heading for Division Three at full speed.
Portsmouth were the visitors to SJP in a game of colossal importance. 0-0 going into the dying minutes, Kelly took Quinn's knockdown to bury the ball into the Gallowgate goal. Cue absolute bedlam.
We won 1-0, went on to win at Leicester the next week and avoided the drop.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 25 Nov 2014

I remember both Leicester games...

If I remember '92 was one of those surreal moments, getting used to the fact Newcastle would be in the 3rd tier the following season and out of nowhere a very late goal came...

The following year, you were 6-0 at half time, it could have 10-11 that, was the final score 7-1 or 7-0...

Roger Tames was commentating...Whats happened to him, is he still alive Smile

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 25 Nov 2014

The first Leicester game - Peacock scored to make it 1-0. White equalised late on in the game and
 scored an own goal.
There were pitch invasions after each goal.

In the promotion season, aye, 6-0 up at half time (you are right, it could have been more) and it finished 7-1.
Cole got a hat-trick alongside Kelly and I think it was Rob Lee who got the other goal.

Aye, whatever did happen to Roger Thames?
The other fella who did the studio stuff is on the Yorkshire equivalent of Tyne Tees news.