North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 2:22 pm)Economic505 wrote So , a good stable link established with SNE working it, will be shattered with the cowboys of GNE.

Agree 100%, i'll miss the 10/11,good route coverage, to be swapped, for the 9 (that was shite before so it'll be shite again), i'd be more supportive if it was the 5 instead or not swapped at all

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 2:29 pm)54APhotography wrote If true Nexus are seriously remiss, they already know the 317 is a disaster..

It is true. Haven't you learnt by now that Nexus give the contract to the cheapest bidder?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - 54APhotography - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 6:34 pm)Thomas12 wrote It is true. Haven't you learnt by now that Nexus give the contract to the cheapest bidder?

Lowest bidder = Shite service. NEXUS are fielding scores of complaints about the 317, that's from their own PR team. Unfortunately they are typical of any modern company, one arm doesn't know what the other is doing.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Coastliner700 - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 6:40 pm)54APhotography wrote Lowest bidder = Shite service. NEXUS are fielding scores of complaints about the 317, that's from their own PR team. Unfortunately they are typical of any modern company, one arm doesn't know what the other is doing.

Ironically 317, 9, 67/69 all GNE services in the past that have been ran into a state of decline through constant and unnecessary changing to the point the only commercially viable way to allow them to continue is for NEXUS to step in.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 6:40 pm)54APhotography wrote Lowest bidder = Shite service. NEXUS are fielding scores of complaints about the 317, that's from their own PR team. Unfortunately they are typical of any modern company, one arm doesn't know what the other is doing.

There's a legal obligation to accept the lowest bid, they can't just pick and choose, it's how tendering works. Right or wrong.

If I was Stagecoach I'd be binning it too, it's not worth the hassle for Saturdays and Sundays for the next 8 months or whatever it is. Be interesting to know if they bid - at all. Looking at tracking today it appears they've outright refused to run anything through the tunnel at all, for most the day.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 7:25 pm)Storx wrote There's a legal obligation to accept the lowest bid, they can't just pick and choose, it's how tendering works. Right or wrong.

If I was Stagecoach I'd be binning it too, it's not worth the hassle for Saturdays and Sundays for the next 8 months or whatever it is. Be interesting to know if they bid - at all. Looking at tracking today it appears they've outright refused to run anything through the tunnel at all, for most the day.

I’m inclined to suggest they likely did bid, but at a price which reflected the utter travesty that the Tyne Tunnel has become on weekends, and the increased man management associated with the contract.

I think we will find Nexus have preempted problems on weekends and the timetable will reflect that, but I do still worry about potential reliability issues on the 9 (as it wasn’t great last time it ran to North Shields!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 15 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 7:47 pm)Dan wrote I’m inclined to suggest they likely did bid, but at a price which reflected the utter travesty that the Tyne Tunnel has become on weekends, and the increased man management associated with the contract.

I think we will find Nexus have preempted problems on weekends and the timetable will reflect that, but I do still worry about potential reliability issues on the 9 (as it wasn’t great last time it ran to North Shields!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame them, if I had to be honest. I'd do the same, the extra money wouldn't be worth it to damage the rest of the route. Can't see people in Whiteleas etc coming out and being accepting that it's the reason their bus is 20 minutes late.

Mind, on paper, the 9 is the best route to go through there imo. It might aswell run Jarrow to North Shields over the 10/11 extension because it runs on a complete dog leg, anyone sane would use the ferry instead and there's nothing inbetween that you can really argue that someone would actually want to go to/from North Shields for as there's nothing else at the North side of the water. Even people in North Shields don't want to go to North Shields.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 16 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 8:05 pm)Storx wrote I don't blame them, if I had to be honest. I'd do the same, the extra money wouldn't be worth it to damage the rest of the route. Can't see people in Whiteleas etc coming out and being accepting that it's the reason their bus is 20 minutes late.

Mind, on paper, the 9 is the best route to go through there imo. It might aswell run Jarrow to North Shields over the 10/11 extension because it runs on a complete dog leg, anyone sane would use the ferry instead and there's nothing inbetween that you can really argue that someone would actually want to go to/from North Shields for as there's nothing else at the North side of the water. Even people in North Shields don't want to go to North Shields.

Agree there like, when im asked where i live i like saying Chirton instead of North Shields

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - busmanT - 16 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 2:29 pm)54APhotography wrote If true Nexus are seriously remiss, they already know the 317 is a disaster..

The 317 timetable, designed and specified by Nexus, must be one of the few in an urban area in the whole of the country that has the same running time Mon-Fri peak and interpeak, and the same layover time peak and interpeak, with no allowance for increased traffic levels at peak times.
And with minimal recovery time at Whitley Bay (which includes having to go round the block).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 16 Jun 2024

(15 Jun 2024, 7:25 pm)Storx wrote There's a legal obligation to accept the lowest bid, they can't just pick and choose, it's how tendering works. Right or wrong.

Looked like they are running a separate service between Jarrow and North Shields split from the Jarrow to South Shields section.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 16 Jun 2024

(Yesterday, 8:31 am)busmanT wrote The 317 timetable, designed and specified by Nexus, must be one of the few in an urban area in the whole of the country that has the same running time Mon-Fri peak and interpeak, and the same layover time peak and interpeak, with no allowance for increased traffic levels at peak times.
And with minimal recovery time at Whitley Bay (which includes having to go round the block).

Did they change the timetable when GNE won the tender, seemed people were happy enough with it prioer to the change of hands?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Lewispark1509 - 17 Jun 2024

The 317 timetable was actually drafted by Stagecoach, as when they had the 317, the section between Royal Quay's and George Stephenson Way was operated commercially, which is why they swapped around with the 19's when it first was introduced. Which is probably why Go North East can't run is properly, as Stagecoach has a thing for tight timetables. According to drivers, the guy who does timetables at Stagecoach doesn't even have a bus licence, and has only been driving a car for just over a year.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 17 Jun 2024

(3 hours ago)Lewispark1509 wrote The 317 timetable was actually drafted by Stagecoach, as when they had the 317, the section between Royal Quay's and George Stephenson Way was operated commercially, which is why they swapped around with the 19's when it first was introduced. Which is probably why Go North East can't run is properly, as Stagecoach has a thing for tight timetables. According to drivers, the guy who does timetables at Stagecoach doesn't even have a bus licence, and has only been driving a car for just over a year.

Yet they seemingly managed to run an efficient service (or at least more efficient than the current operator), on the same timetable.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 17 Jun 2024

(3 hours ago)Lewispark1509 wrote The 317 timetable was actually drafted by Stagecoach, as when they had the 317, the section between Royal Quay's and George Stephenson Way was operated commercially, which is why they swapped around with the 19's when it first was introduced. Which is probably why Go North East can't run is properly, as Stagecoach has a thing for tight timetables. According to drivers, the guy who does timetables at Stagecoach doesn't even have a bus licence, and has only been driving a car for just over a year.

Where do you get your information from, as most of it is absolutely rubbish.

Nexus set the timetable, it has nothing to do with Stagecoach. The timetable was drafted before they even won the tender. And also, why on earth would the section between Royal Quays and George Stephenson way be commercial?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 17 Jun 2024

Stagecoach had a few teething issues at the start, for like a week (if that), but for 2 years they ran it perfectly fine, they used to struggle for about an hour a day, but that was cus of heaving traffic, thats not the fault of the drivers, so how are GNE running it so terribly, if thats whats happened to the 317 which stays in North Tyneside, then i dread to think whats gonna happen with the 9 when that starts coming through the tunnel again, personally (and this is just my opinion) but when the 317 was brought in to replace the 11/41/41A(40) which also replaced the 17/17A due not being profitable then they shouldnt have been allowed to bid on it, call me what you like, but thats my opinion

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 17 Jun 2024

(Yesterday, 1:17 pm)Thomas12 wrote Looked like they are running a separate service between Jarrow and North Shields split from the Jarrow to South Shields section.

Would make sense to be honest and I don't blame them, can't be wrecking the rest of the timetable for it and it's pretty much dead whenever I see it anyway tbh.

That's 100% not true since the timetable was part of the tender. I had a quick look at them through work as I use the 19 sometimes.

The 19 change was so they could do the fish quay loop as part of it and scrap the 333 in the process, saving a bus.