North East Buses
Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot (/showthread.php?tid=3964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Thomas12 - 07 Jun 2022

I've heard Chester-le-Street depot is closing around the same time as well.

RE: Changes ahead at GNE - streetdeckfan - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:01 pm)Thomas12 wrote I've heard Chester-le-Street depot is closing around the same time as well.
Is there capacity in other depots to take over the routes?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Changes ahead at GNE - Dan - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Is there capacity in other depots to take over the routes?

Perhaps not enough space at the moment, but if the changes proposed in the consultation go ahead and local authorities do not think there is enough demand (based on consultation responses and revenue data) to warrant a service being tendered, then maybe there will be later this year?

Mod note: separated this from the thread about Martijn leaving Go North East.

RE: Changes ahead at GNE - Thomas12 - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Is there capacity in other depots to take over the routes?

No idea, I'm not sure of the whole details it's just something I've been told.

I guess after the proposed route changes there won't be many services left. But you'd imagine the 21/34/X21 will move to Riverside or be incorporated into other services, and anything else that's left would move to Consett.

Also, I believe all of the school routes around CLS are being withdrawn too, although I could be wrong on that one.

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - wibblejunior - 07 Jun 2022

Why would they be closing Chester-le-street depot?  This just seems like an unsubstantiated and almost certainly false rumour. And where would the 21, X21, etc run from if it was closing?

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Jack Gill - 07 Jun 2022

21 would most likely be Riverside, X21 will probably as well, but could be ran from Consett.

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Ambassador - 07 Jun 2022

Tbf, from Chester Le Street to Riverside isn't too bad mileage wise straight through the bypass and Dunston.

Be interesting to see what happens with the short runs and changeovers - imagine we'd see a lot more curtailed/starting at Gateshead

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Unber43 - 07 Jun 2022

8 - Sunderland & Consett mixed
21 - Riverside
25 - Riverside
28 - Washington/Riverside
34 - Washington
X21 - Split Between Consett & Riverside
CLS Locals - Washington

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - KingSlayerRBLX - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:17 pm)wibblejunior wrote Why would they be closing Chester-le-street depot?  This just seems like an unsubstantiated and almost certainly false rumour. And where would the 21, X21, etc run from if it was closing?
Chester-le-Street will need a new depot built to handle all the Zero Emission Vehicles for the Angel in the next few years. Dunno where they are gonna build the depot.

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Dan - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm)Unber43 wrote 8 - Sunderland & Consett mixed
21 - Riverside
25 - Riverside

34 - Washington
CLS Locals - Washington

Aren't these planned to be withdrawn from 24 July, based on the consultation?

(07 Jun 2022, 4:25 pm)Dan wrote Aren't these planned to be withdrawn from 24 July, based on the consultation?
Well hopefully not

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Thomas12 - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm)Unber43 wrote 8 - Sunderland & Consett mixed
21 - Riverside
25 - Riverside
34 - Washington
CLS Locals - Washington

There won't be services split across depots, I wouldn't have thought.

(07 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Chester-le-Street will need a new depot built to handle all the Zero Emission Vehicles for the Angel in the next few years. Dunno where they are gonna build the depot.

Probably be operated from Riverside if it happens.

i would predict:
Deptford - 8
Riverside - 21
25 - Withdrawn
28 - Withdrawn
34 - Washington Seems sensible but i could see it being Riverside.
X21 - Would be sensible to send these to Riverside.
CLS - I think maybes merge with other routes
40 - back to Consett probably.

Chester-Le-Street is going to have quite the few different vehicles turning up left right and centre

(07 Jun 2022, 4:28 pm)Thomas12 wrote There won't be services split across depots, I wouldn't have thought.
The 10 is, obviously that is a exception, but i mean to save money having the 8/X21 operate from two depots may be okay.

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - wibblejunior - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Chester-le-Street will need a new depot built to handle all the Zero Emission Vehicles for the Angel in the next few years. Dunno where they are gonna build the depot.
I suppose they could build a new depot on Drum Industrial Estate.  There seems to be plenty of space to build one here, for example.

(07 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm)wibblejunior wrote I suppose they could build a new depot on Drum Industrial Estate.  There seems to be plenty of space to build one here, for example.
Would seem sensible. only suitable place as there doesnt seem to be any other space in CLS

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Thomas12 - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:17 pm)wibblejunior wrote Why would they be closing Chester-le-street depot?  This just seems like an unsubstantiated and almost certainly false rumour. And where would the 21, X21, etc run from if it was closing?

I don't think it is, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Kramer1 - 07 Jun 2022

(07 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm)wibblejunior wrote I suppose they could build a new depot on Drum Industrial Estate.  There seems to be plenty of space to build one here, for example.

Who is going to pay for it?

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot - Tiger5105 - 07 Jun 2022

Maybe the 8 and / or X21 would transfer to Consett as the National express coaches would probably go to Riverside?

(07 Jun 2022, 4:59 pm)Tiger5105 wrote Maybe the 8 and / or X21 would transfer to Consett as the National express coaches would probably go to Riverside?
tbh

most of these services would probs goes to Washington, but they would need a new depot