North East Buses
New tickets prices - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: New tickets prices (/showthread.php?tid=4347)

Pages: 1 2 3

New tickets prices - Busu284 - 04 Jul 2023

Could not find the thread anywhere but more ticket prices increase again https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/2023fareschange

RE: New tickets prices - Unber43 - 04 Jul 2023

3rd time in 1 year is it?

Cannot believe 5-25 are going up. Can I buy multiple of the same ticket on the app or not, considering buying load of 5-25 weekly tickets at the current price

RE: New tickets prices - Rob44 - 04 Jul 2023

can the newcastle and north tyneside ticket no be used on the 306 and 308???

RE: New tickets prices - Thomas12 - 04 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 2:23 pm)Rob44 wrote can the newcastle and north tyneside ticket no be used on the 306 and 308???

Yeah it can

RE: New tickets prices - itsadam - 04 Jul 2023

I have a monthly subscription for 5-25 28 day ticket. It's getting ridiculous now.

RE: New tickets prices - Rob44 - 04 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 2:25 pm)Thomas12 wrote Yeah it can

doesnt say that on the bumfff unless i have missed it....

Newcastle & North Tyneside
Our Newcastle and North Tyneside ticket permits travel on Go North East buses across Newcastle and North Tyneside and also allows travel to Blyth in Northumberland on our Cobalt & Coast service 309.
1 day
7 day
28 day*
Flexi-5*Newcastle & North Tyneside

Our Newcastle and North Tyneside ticket permits travel on Go North East buses across Newcastle and North Tyneside and also allows travel to Blyth in Northumberland on our Cobalt & Coast service 309.
1 day
7 day
28 day*
Flexi-5*
DUO*£4.30
£16.00 on the app
£17.00 on the bus
£64.00
£17.50
£7.20

* these tickets are only available to buy on our app.Newcastle & North Tyneside

1 day
7 day
28 day*
Flexi-5*
DUO*£4.30
£16.00 on the app
£17.00 on the bus
£64.00
£17.50
£7.20

* these tickets are only available to buy on our app.Newcastle & North Tyneside

1 day
7 day
28 day*
Flexi-5*
DUO*£4.30
£16.00 on the app
£17.00 on the bus
£64.00
£17.50
£7.20

* these tickets are only available to buy on our app.
DUO*£4.30
£16.00 on the app
£17.00 on the bus
£64.00
£17.50
£7.20

* these tickets are only available to buy on our app.

RE: New tickets prices - Adrian - 04 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 2:11 pm)Unber43 wrote 3rd time in 1 year is it?

Cannot believe 5-25 are going up. Can I buy multiple of the same ticket on the app or not, considering buying load of 5-25 weekly tickets at the current price
I can't believe that price of a monthly kids ticket. It's not far off the price an all zones was a couple of years ago. Unless things change fast, people are literally being priced away from failing public transport.

I wonder if we'll get the same level of fanfare and press shots that the £2 fare got last week.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

RE: New tickets prices - Storx - 04 Jul 2023

The quicker these fairs are abolished and the new regionwide tickets come in the better. Just a shame as per usual they're dithering around to get them in as they'd be a serious reduction that what I pay currently.

RE: New tickets prices - Unber43 - 04 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 5:45 pm)Adrian wrote I can't believe that price of a monthly kids ticket. It's not far off the price an all zones was a couple of years ago. Unless things change fast, people are literally being priced away from failing public transport.

I wonder if we'll get the same level of fanfare and press shots that the £2 fare got last week.

I know, going from 17.50 to 21.50 while single fares have gone down is ridiculous. Wait could this not just be a ploy to get more money off the gov for the tickets when everyone under22 will be getting day tickets for £3, will there be weekly ones or not?

RE: New tickets prices - Adrian - 04 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 6:49 pm)Storx wrote The quicker these fairs are abolished and the new regionwide tickets come in the better. Just a shame as per usual they're dithering around to get them in as they'd be a serious reduction that what I pay currently.
Without seeing the reimbursement formula, the cynic in me would think bumping the fares up before it comes in, would probably result in a higher contribution back... I hope that isn't the case, of course!

RE: New tickets prices - busmanT - 08 Jul 2023

(04 Jul 2023, 6:49 pm)Storx wrote The quicker these fairs are abolished and the new regionwide tickets come in the better. Just a shame as per usual they're dithering around to get them in as they'd be a serious reduction that what I pay currently.

Bus companies aren't "dithering around" to get the new tickets in, it's the local authorities/politicians who are!

(04 Jul 2023, 5:45 pm)Adrian wrote I can't believe that price of a monthly kids ticket. It's not far off the price an all zones was a couple of years ago. Unless things change fast, people are literally being priced away from failing public transport.

I doubt that many "kids" are buying the 5-25 week/monthly tickets, as those aged 21 and under can travel for £1 a single journey in the TNE area.

I suspect it's the 22- to 25-year-olds who are buying them - with most companies they have to buy adult priced tickets.

RE: New tickets prices - Storx - 08 Jul 2023

(08 Jul 2023, 3:51 pm)busmanT wrote Bus companies aren't "dithering around" to get the new tickets in, it's the local authorities/politicians who are

Wasn't a dig at them, was a dig at the clowns at Nexus and the other clowns in charge of transport locally ie. Gannon.

RE: New tickets prices - mb134 - 08 Jul 2023

(08 Jul 2023, 3:51 pm)busmanT wrote I suspect it's the 22- to 25-year-olds who are buying them - with most companies they have to buy adult priced tickets.

Struggling for cash while charging a 25 year old who's been working for 7 years the same price as a 5 year old... 

There are probably reasons why 25 year olds buy adult tickets with other companies, I'd hazard a wild guess as it being because they are adults!

RE: New tickets prices - busmanT - 09 Jul 2023

(08 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm)mb134 wrote Struggling for cash while charging a 25 year old who's been working for 7 years the same price as a 5 year old... 

There are probably reasons why 25 year olds buy adult tickets with other companies, I'd hazard a wild guess as it being because they are adults!

The 5-25 tickets are a legacy of the previous GNE management - and not that easy to quickly dispense with.

(08 Jul 2023, 8:50 pm)Storx wrote Wasn't a dig at them, was a dig at the clowns at Nexus and the other clowns in charge of transport locally ie. Gannon.

At this rate, the money that the local authorities have to spend by March 2025 won't be spent!
It doesn't matter that you have £164 million if you don't get round to spending it!!

RE: New tickets prices - Adrian - 09 Jul 2023

(08 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm)mb134 wrote Struggling for cash while charging a 25 year old who's been working for 7 years the same price as a 5 year old... 

Yeah, it's baffling, really.

You'd think you'd get more longevity out of your customers if you could convince them that they don't need a car yet. Indeed, this is something that some of the mayoral candidates are picking up on, with promises to deliver free fares below a certain age and for those in full-time education.

The more the gap of fare price vs. convenience of the car is closed, the less chance any operator has at hanging on to young people as customers.

(09 Jul 2023, 7:10 pm)busmanT wrote The 5-25 tickets are a legacy of the previous GNE management - and not that easy to quickly dispense with.

At this rate, the money that the local authorities have to spend by March 2025 won't be spent!
It doesn't matter that you have £164 million if you don't get round to spending it!!

I appreciate it's not something you can quickly dispense with, but he's been gone almost a year now.

I'd suspect that the ideal time to change fare products covering those in education is before and in time for a new academic year, using schools, universities and other education providers to roll out details to students.

Given that we're seeing a fare increase now, I wonder if it's safe to assume there'll be no change for the next year?

On local authority spending, totally agree that the commitment to spend is extremely slow. Whilst I understand that there's governance procedures in place, there's absolutely nothing preventing extraordinary JTCs being called to speed this up.

It's not just the spending that is extremely slow though, its the complete lack of transparency. Communication has been awful. This multi operator ticket was announced to a fanfare in March, and we've not heard a squeak out of Gannon and Co since.

New tickets prices - streetdeckfan - 10 Jul 2023

When I stopped being eligible for the 5-25 tickets, I started minimising the amount I used the bus.
And when I am using the bus, I'm using Arriva as they didn't put the price of the journey into Bishop up to £2 when the £2 cap was brought in like GNE did.

Despite me, in the past making the argument for using the bus over a car (and choosing a house based on its public transport), I'm now leaning more towards the car.

They've cut back the late X21 journeys so now I can't use the bus to get home from Newcastle, so why would I use it to get there?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: New tickets prices - Ambassador - 11 Jul 2023

The Flexi 5 increase is disappointing and baffling tbh.

It’s incredibly hard to convince Colleagues to use public transport when the majority are only in once a week at the most. An increase from 21 up to 29 in under a year is tough going and the majority will either use their car or see £29 at face value and think it’s poor value and pay day to day.

Yet more backward thinking against a market they could really tap into. pre covid thinking in a post covid world.

RE: New tickets prices - Rob44 - 15 Jan 2024

I bought a £6 tyne and wear north east bhip[ lp dup rac kfc ticket yesterday. When i was getting off at Gateshead metro to go back to the penthouse i noticed the ticket was just a mixture of letters and numbers... except the new Go north east logo at the top and the QR code at the bottom. Didn't think i'd get any joy off the driver ( which i didn't) but he was helpful enough to let me scan the QR code on his bus and it worked.

Obviously this never helped when i tried to get on the metro and was laughed out of the metro station by the staff!! Had to wait 15 minutes for a 27 and avoid stagecoach, metro and ferry for rest of day

Anyone think its worth trying to get £3 back from GNE as i could only use half of the transport i paid for? LOL

RE: New tickets prices - NEbushopper - 15 Jan 2024

I had the same thing back a couple of weeks ago with Arriva. Didn't even get my money back!

RE: New tickets prices - deanmachine - 16 Jan 2024

(15 Jan 2024, 8:48 am)Rob44 wrote I bought a £6 tyne and wear north east bhip[ lp dup rac kfc ticket yesterday.  When i was getting off at Gateshead metro to go back to the penthouse i noticed the ticket was just a mixture of letters and numbers... except the new Go north east logo at the top and the QR code at the bottom.  Didn't think i'd get any joy off the driver ( which i didn't) but he was helpful enough to let me scan the QR code on his bus and it worked.

Obviously this never helped when i tried to get on the metro and was laughed out of the metro station by the staff!!  Had to wait 15 minutes for a 27 and avoid stagecoach, metro and ferry for rest of day

Anyone think its worth trying to get £3 back from GNE as i could only use half of the transport i paid for? LOL

If you've still got the ticket absolutely, send some evidence and hopefully they can try and figure out why it happened.