Notice: Undefined variable: username in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 4

Notice: Undefined variable: password in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 9

Notice: Undefined variable: captcha in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: redirect_url in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 34

Notice: Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lostpw_note in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 42

Notice: Undefined variable: customcolor_headerinclude in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(958) : eval()'d code on line 20

Notice: Undefined property: MyLanguage::$stats_tab in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(1070) : eval()'d code on line 28

Notice: Undefined variable: standardthreadtools in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/showthread.php(1650) : eval()'d code on line 106

Notice: Undefined variable: customthreadtools in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/showthread.php(1650) : eval()'d code on line 107

Notice: Undefined variable: standardthreadtools in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/showthread.php(1650) : eval()'d code on line 197

Notice: Undefined variable: customthreadtools in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/showthread.php(1650) : eval()'d code on line 198
July 2023 changes
Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East July 2023 changes

July 2023 changes

July 2023 changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (14): Previous 111 12 13 14 Next
15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm)Michael Think that confirms the Streetlites will go to Percy Main for the 352-355 services...... off for another repaint........

Wonder if the ex London deckers will be allocated to the 51/52/93/94 will allocated to the routes?

Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.
I think some of the Streetlites are going onto the 57 and the rest to Percy Main.
KingSlayerRBLX
15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm #221

(15 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm)Michael Think that confirms the Streetlites will go to Percy Main for the 352-355 services...... off for another repaint........

Wonder if the ex London deckers will be allocated to the 51/52/93/94 will allocated to the routes?

Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.
I think some of the Streetlites are going onto the 57 and the rest to Percy Main.

15 Jul 2023, 10:08 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm)KingSlayerRBLX Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.

I have been wrong about stuff like this before, but I'd be surprised if they keep a microfleet of Streetlite's at Riverside just for the 57. There's no other Streetlite routes there without the Orbit.

Quick maths without working it out, there shouldn't be enough either. The 3xx PVR should be 8/9 (could be off) and there's only 11 of them.
Storx
15 Jul 2023, 10:08 pm #222

(15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm)KingSlayerRBLX Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.

I have been wrong about stuff like this before, but I'd be surprised if they keep a microfleet of Streetlite's at Riverside just for the 57. There's no other Streetlite routes there without the Orbit.

Quick maths without working it out, there shouldn't be enough either. The 3xx PVR should be 8/9 (could be off) and there's only 11 of them.

16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am

North Tyneside Orbit??
busmanT
16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am #223

North Tyneside Orbit??

16 Jul 2023, 1:13 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:18 pm)V514DFT 393?, do you mean the 939, or is the 393 something ive missed

Apologies I did mean 939!!

(16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am)busmanT North Tyneside Orbit??

Yeah I’m going to guess that the orbit StreetLites won’t get repainted. Like what happened the East Durham Explorer buses that went to the 61. Did those StreetLites have 65 sub branding removed? I’m also pretty sure one had a rear advert for the beach at Seaham and another had a rear display about Durham city, the 61 of course serves neither location…
Drifter60
16 Jul 2023, 1:13 pm #224

(15 Jul 2023, 6:18 pm)V514DFT 393?, do you mean the 939, or is the 393 something ive missed

Apologies I did mean 939!!

Yeah I’m going to guess that the orbit StreetLites won’t get repainted. Like what happened the East Durham Explorer buses that went to the 61. Did those StreetLites have 65 sub branding removed? I’m also pretty sure one had a rear advert for the beach at Seaham and another had a rear display about Durham city, the 61 of course serves neither location…

16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm

Orbiting what exactly?
ne14ne1
16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm #225

Orbiting what exactly?

16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm)ne14ne1 Orbiting what exactly?

Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.
The possibly redeployed unless additional funding comes available.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm #226

(16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm)ne14ne1 Orbiting what exactly?

Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.

16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm)Andreos1 Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.

They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

Start peeling those vinyls.
ne14ne1
16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm #227

(16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm)Andreos1 Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.

They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm)ne14ne1 They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

East Durham Explorer doesn’t fit the 61 that well either, it was clearly an attempt to market leisure and tourism opportunities at either terminus of the 65, Seaham and Durham. Now it’s on the 61 and there’s only Dalton Park you’d possibly want to ‘explore’, there’s not exactly much in Peterlee, Murton or South Hetton!
Drifter60
16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm #228

(16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm)ne14ne1 They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

East Durham Explorer doesn’t fit the 61 that well either, it was clearly an attempt to market leisure and tourism opportunities at either terminus of the 65, Seaham and Durham. Now it’s on the 61 and there’s only Dalton Park you’d possibly want to ‘explore’, there’s not exactly much in Peterlee, Murton or South Hetton!

16 Jul 2023, 3:51 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

Again it's showing how the decisions made under previous management are hampering the company now. 

Realistically, a 'North Tyneside Orbit' brand doesn't fit with what majority of people would see an orbit as being, or have any sort of local connection at all. The most logical solution would be to simply paint them into a corporate livery and be done with it, which would offer greater operational flexibility.
mb134
16 Jul 2023, 3:51 pm #229

(16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

Again it's showing how the decisions made under previous management are hampering the company now. 

Realistically, a 'North Tyneside Orbit' brand doesn't fit with what majority of people would see an orbit as being, or have any sort of local connection at all. The most logical solution would be to simply paint them into a corporate livery and be done with it, which would offer greater operational flexibility.

16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm

Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.
Storx
16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm #230

Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.

16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm)Storx Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.

Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

If those orbit streetlites transfer to Percy main for those new services in September then I can see alot of mixed allocations of pointless brands being on them with coasters buses eventually being allocated , just paint the buses in corporate colours so it’s more identifiable to the passengers and cause less confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm #231

(16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm)Storx Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.

Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

If those orbit streetlites transfer to Percy main for those new services in September then I can see alot of mixed allocations of pointless brands being on them with coasters buses eventually being allocated , just paint the buses in corporate colours so it’s more identifiable to the passengers and cause less confusion

16 Jul 2023, 6:55 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm)cbma06 Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

Yeah they were, hence the brand. Then it got migrated to some MPD's aswell after before becoming Wallsend Links.

Agreed though, with the branding tbh.
Storx
16 Jul 2023, 6:55 pm #232

(16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm)cbma06 Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

Yeah they were, hence the brand. Then it got migrated to some MPD's aswell after before becoming Wallsend Links.

Agreed though, with the branding tbh.

16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm

Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm #233

Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

Kind Regards
Tez

16 Jul 2023, 9:21 pm

You're right. 
They're not.

It was a tongue in cheek reply.

Andreos1
16 Jul 2023, 9:21 pm #234

You're right. 
They're not.

It was a tongue in cheek reply.

16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm)V514DFT Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

Didn't actually realise they got onto the 81, thought that launched with the Wallsend Links, another route with more numbers and brands than a lotto machine.
Storx
16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm #235

(16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm)V514DFT Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

Didn't actually realise they got onto the 81, thought that launched with the Wallsend Links, another route with more numbers and brands than a lotto machine.

17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am
(16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm)Storx 307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am #236

(16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm)Storx 307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Kind Regards
Tez

17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am
(17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am)V514DFT No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.
Storx
17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am #237

(17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am)V514DFT No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.

17 Jul 2023, 11:26 am
(17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am)Storx Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.

Yeah i agree with that, wasn't a fan of the Centurion 17, the branding looked cheap and nasty, didnt last long before it went corporate Red (at the time)

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
17 Jul 2023, 11:26 am #238

(17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am)Storx Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.

Yeah i agree with that, wasn't a fan of the Centurion 17, the branding looked cheap and nasty, didnt last long before it went corporate Red (at the time)

Kind Regards
Tez

17 Jul 2023, 9:22 pm
Not a change (wasn't going to make a new thread) but roadworks which require a shuttle:

Due to roadworks on the A690 at The Raintons, from Thursday 20 July until Thursday 3 August our services 20 and 20A will be unable to access West Rainton. Services are still able to serve East Rainton, albeit with a slight diversion so your journey may take slightly longer than usual.

During the road closure, we are running shuttle service 20S from Houghton-le-Spring Church to West Rainton. Please wait for the shuttle at the Sunderland-bound stop in the town centre.

Timetable: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...2023_0.pdf

We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused and thank you for your patience.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/20roadworks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jul 2023, 9:22 pm #239

Not a change (wasn't going to make a new thread) but roadworks which require a shuttle:

Due to roadworks on the A690 at The Raintons, from Thursday 20 July until Thursday 3 August our services 20 and 20A will be unable to access West Rainton. Services are still able to serve East Rainton, albeit with a slight diversion so your journey may take slightly longer than usual.

During the road closure, we are running shuttle service 20S from Houghton-le-Spring Church to West Rainton. Please wait for the shuttle at the Sunderland-bound stop in the town centre.

Timetable: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...2023_0.pdf

We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused and thank you for your patience.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/20roadworks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jul 2023, 9:47 pm
Wonder to save changeovers whether the 20S will work with the 39A, pretty sure the times line up perfectly
Unber43
17 Jul 2023, 9:47 pm #240

Wonder to save changeovers whether the 20S will work with the 39A, pretty sure the times line up perfectly

Pages (14): Previous 111 12 13 14 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average