Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (30): Previous 128 29 30
23 May 2024, 10:03 am
Invite them both to this forum (if they are not already here) they may be educated
DaveFromUpNorth
23 May 2024, 10:03 am #581

Invite them both to this forum (if they are not already here) they may be educated

27 May 2024, 9:38 am
Just had a great example of why the public don't trust using buses today. My other half left a bit too late to make it for the 9:36 24 from the Nook to Westoe. With it being a Sunday service that means there was nothing else to Westoe until after 10am.

Or was there? I looked on Apple Maps and it told me there was an E6 due at 9:48. My other half didn't believe it, as the paper timetable, and Stagecoach app didn't have anything listed of the sort. So I had to go and pick her up in my car and take her to work, but guess what was leaving her stop as we got there? The E6.

The Stagecoach website has an update from the 22nd April that the E1, E2, & E6 are running a Saturday timetable on the May bank holidays, but it's not like it was front page info, I had to go digging for it. What use is that information when it doesn't appear anywhere else for the public easily, except for weirdly, Apple Maps. My other half is now looking at cars for us to buy a second one, and she has a free pass.

The general timetable on a Sunday/bank holiday morning here is absolutely shocking, considering she usually has at least 12 buses an hour to get to work on a regular weekday, and that changes to 1 on a bank holiday Monday. The lack of information is just as bad though, It's good that Stagecoach put on more of the E buses, but that's no good if nobody knows they exist. It just shows how desperate we actually are for an integrated system here, even more so for up to date information in bus stops in this age.
deanmachine
27 May 2024, 9:38 am #582

Just had a great example of why the public don't trust using buses today. My other half left a bit too late to make it for the 9:36 24 from the Nook to Westoe. With it being a Sunday service that means there was nothing else to Westoe until after 10am.

Or was there? I looked on Apple Maps and it told me there was an E6 due at 9:48. My other half didn't believe it, as the paper timetable, and Stagecoach app didn't have anything listed of the sort. So I had to go and pick her up in my car and take her to work, but guess what was leaving her stop as we got there? The E6.

The Stagecoach website has an update from the 22nd April that the E1, E2, & E6 are running a Saturday timetable on the May bank holidays, but it's not like it was front page info, I had to go digging for it. What use is that information when it doesn't appear anywhere else for the public easily, except for weirdly, Apple Maps. My other half is now looking at cars for us to buy a second one, and she has a free pass.

The general timetable on a Sunday/bank holiday morning here is absolutely shocking, considering she usually has at least 12 buses an hour to get to work on a regular weekday, and that changes to 1 on a bank holiday Monday. The lack of information is just as bad though, It's good that Stagecoach put on more of the E buses, but that's no good if nobody knows they exist. It just shows how desperate we actually are for an integrated system here, even more so for up to date information in bus stops in this age.

02 Jun 2024, 12:06 pm
A while ago i asked on hear about getting from the pelaw penthouse to Eston outside of Boro by public transport.. Got some good replies and when i looked it was either an explorer at £12.30, or just £2 on each bus ( no more than 6)  or train then bus at what cost.  Anyway drove there and back yesterday, 45 minutes each way, full tank of fuel when i left.  Filled up  at whitemere pool on way back and journey cost me 8.97p in petrol to brim. also picked up and dropped off at door. Nothing to worry about missing connections or not turn up ( although it was getting "admired" in boro!!) and of course my own company with my own tunes.

Not sure how a bus can compete with that.  its either make travel free or increase the cost to use a car?
Rob44
02 Jun 2024, 12:06 pm #583

A while ago i asked on hear about getting from the pelaw penthouse to Eston outside of Boro by public transport.. Got some good replies and when i looked it was either an explorer at £12.30, or just £2 on each bus ( no more than 6)  or train then bus at what cost.  Anyway drove there and back yesterday, 45 minutes each way, full tank of fuel when i left.  Filled up  at whitemere pool on way back and journey cost me 8.97p in petrol to brim. also picked up and dropped off at door. Nothing to worry about missing connections or not turn up ( although it was getting "admired" in boro!!) and of course my own company with my own tunes.

Not sure how a bus can compete with that.  its either make travel free or increase the cost to use a car?

Pages (30): Previous 128 29 30

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average