Rate Thread
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
|
November 2023 changes
25 Oct 2023, 6:25 am,
RE: November 2023 changes
(24 Oct 2023, 9:31 pm)streetdeckfan wrote They should have just built the bus station at Sniperley then utilised the P&R buses to provide a shuttle into the centre.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Convenient for people coming in from the East or from within the city itself. 

The only real difference from the old layour is that the shops are gone and the passenger concourse is closer to North Road so there is a bit more space for buses to manoeuvre.

And hopefully you can walk around without tripping over buckets.
25 Oct 2023, 10:10 am,
(25 Oct 2023, 6:25 am)BusLoverMum wrote Convenient for people coming in from the East or from within the city itself. 

The only real difference from the old layour is that the shops are gone and the passenger concourse is closer to North Road so there is a bit more space for buses to manoeuvre.

And hopefully you can walk around without tripping over buckets.

Have they announced what the toilets will be like?

Presumably they won't be free, and now that Spoons is closed opposite you'll have no choice but to pay up. I haven't tried the new pub out that's replaced it yet, so not sure what they're like for people popping in and out just to use them.
25 Oct 2023, 10:15 am,
(25 Oct 2023, 10:10 am)streetdeckfan wrote Have they announced what the toilets will be like?

Presumably they won't be free, and now that Spoons is closed opposite you'll have no choice but to pay up. I haven't tried the new pub out that's replaced it yet, so not sure what they're like for people popping in and out just to use them.
Yeah on one of there plans they literally labled it "pay station" or something like that. 

The ones at Middlesbrough are contactless, hopefully theses one will be too, no doubt so they can just increase the price, Doubt it'll be 20p
25 Oct 2023, 12:46 pm,
(25 Oct 2023, 10:10 am)streetdeckfan wrote Have they announced what the toilets will be like?

Plan was for a double Male WC and double Female WC, both behind pay gates. In addition, there'd be an accessible toilet and parent & child (baby changing) toilet, but presumably these will be controlled by keys. There were also plans for a changing places toilet.

Oh, and there's staff toilets upstairs.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
25 Oct 2023, 1:08 pm,

Here's the plan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

25 Oct 2023, 1:12 pm,
(24 Oct 2023, 8:10 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Interesting its not similar to the old station.

Why would it be similar to the old one?

Lots of services have revised timetables since then, so won’t fit on the same stands as they did.
25 Oct 2023, 2:14 pm,
If the 20 is no longer running between Langley Park and Durham, will there be a replacement?
25 Oct 2023, 2:44 pm,
(25 Oct 2023, 2:14 pm)gc802002 wrote If the 20 is no longer running between Langley Park and Durham, will there be a replacement?

Where did you get that from? There's not much changing with the 20, just a few extra 20As running.
25 Oct 2023, 3:25 pm,
(25 Oct 2023, 2:44 pm)deanmachine wrote Where did you get that from? There's not much changing with the 20, just a few extra 20As running.

Yes , still running to Langley Park, and as mentioned 20A will have a few more trips on an evening .
25 Oct 2023, 3:26 pm,
(25 Oct 2023, 2:44 pm)deanmachine wrote Where did you get that from? There's not much changing with the 20, just a few extra 20As running.

Ah , Apologies, I saw on Page one that the 20 was showing as Durham to Sunderland.... Guess registration has always said that... Apologies again.
28 Oct 2023, 11:06 am,
Wonder if they'll delay the November changes now, due to the strikes continuing?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
29 Oct 2023, 8:30 am,
(28 Oct 2023, 11:06 am)Michael wrote Wonder if they'll delay the November changes now, due to the strikes continuing?

or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.
29 Oct 2023, 12:14 pm,
(29 Oct 2023, 8:30 am)busmanT wrote or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.

They could, but that's an extremely negative approach and actually stinks of the "I'm taking back my ball and going home" mentality.

Lots of talk about affordability with increased rates of pay, but the solution always seems to be to cut back, rather than having a plan to grow the business.
29 Oct 2023, 12:56 pm,
(29 Oct 2023, 12:14 pm)Adrian wrote They could, but that's an extremely negative approach and actually stinks of the "I'm taking back my ball and going home" mentality.

Lots of talk about affordability with increased rates of pay, but the solution always seems to be to cut back, rather than having a plan to grow the business.

At least the changes were never publicly publicised aside from the Durham timetable site putting up the new timetables for services operating within County Durham, so no-one else will notice.

The cynic in me is certainly of the opinion that the frequency increase on the 56 now won't happen which I think was the main one aside from a few more 20A's in the evening although think these were just replacing existing 20 journeys, beyond that think it was minor stuff and moving services back into Durham Bus Station.
29 Oct 2023, 1:50 pm,
(29 Oct 2023, 12:56 pm)Jimmi wrote At least the changes were never publicly publicised aside from the Durham timetable site putting up the new timetables for services operating within County Durham, so no-one else will notice.

The cynic in me is certainly of the opinion that the frequency increase on the 56 now won't happen which I think was the main one aside from a few more 20A's in the evening although think these were just replacing existing 20 journeys, beyond that think it was minor stuff and moving services back into Durham Bus Station.

They'd need to cancel with the Traffic Commissioner at full notice as they've already registered the service. The TC will take a VERY dim view of being messed around if they tried to cancel at short notice.

My view is they registered the services knowing full well they were still in dispute. So they should be obliged to run what they registered when they are in a position to do so. It's not the customers fault GNE can't get its house in order.
29 Oct 2023, 2:15 pm,
(29 Oct 2023, 1:50 pm)DeltaMan wrote They'd need to cancel with the Traffic Commissioner at full notice as they've already registered the service. The TC will take a VERY dim view of being messed around if they tried to cancel at short notice.

My view is they registered the services knowing full well they were still in dispute. So they should be obliged to run what they registered when they are in a position to do so. It's not the customers fault GNE can't get its house in order.

I'd say measure Serv05 from the Enhanced Partnership covers this too, if they were to revert back changes that have already been agreed and registered. So the 18 weeks notice per the Code of Conduct should start again.

See foot of page 72 onwards: https://www.transportnortheast.gov.uk/wp...h-2023.pdf
29 Oct 2023, 2:26 pm,
(29 Oct 2023, 8:30 am)busmanT wrote or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.

I can’t find my tiny violin that I enjoy playing for Go Ahead pension holders
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
29 Oct 2023, 3:05 pm,
Or for some good PR say after the strike is over

"During the strike weve been looking at our network and weve done this, frequency increases here, here and here, more journeys here. Re-timed stuff. It would actually be a great time for scheduling to update the timings of routes
29 Oct 2023, 3:13 pm,
(28 Oct 2023, 11:06 am)Michael wrote Wonder if they'll delay the November changes now, due to the strikes continuing?

I wonder if the November changes were based on the new working agreements. 
Maybe they created the timetables and rotas, based on the working agreements being accepted. 

If that is the case, then they're gonna struggle to implement.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
29 Oct 2023, 7:43 pm,
Looks like traveline, has the new timetables uploaded.

8 - last bus from Sunderland to Stanley is 22:10pm with the 23:10pm finishing at the Galleries
8 - last bus from Stanley to Sunderland is 21:30pm with the 22:30pm finishing at the Galleries and the 23:30pm finishing at Chester-Le-Street

Sunday service between 9am and 23:00pm
-----------------

56 increased to every 12 minutes

---

cba to check the rest, haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.