Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Sunderland Holmeside Works

Sunderland Holmeside Works

Sunderland Holmeside Works

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
22 Oct 2022, 2:00 pm #21
(22 Oct 2022, 1:15 pm)Dans_bus_photos Wonder how long it is after this is complete that Vine Place it is returned to 2 way traffic. This plan doesn't seem logical or bus friendly for people who live in the South estates, who in my experience generally get off in Vine Place. When Homeside was closed due to covid/social distancing I started walking to town rather than get the bus as I didn't want to be dropped off on Stockton road and have trek back into town. Surely things could just be left the way they are now but installing bus lane cameras instead?

Exactly this, it doesn't seem fair to force people who normally get off outside of TK Maxx to get off past Park Lane on Stockton Road. People say Park Lane is too far away but they're forcing people to walk even further than Park Lane is unless they want to wait until the bus gets to Fawcett Street.
deanmachine
22 Oct 2022, 2:00 pm #21

(22 Oct 2022, 1:15 pm)Dans_bus_photos Wonder how long it is after this is complete that Vine Place it is returned to 2 way traffic. This plan doesn't seem logical or bus friendly for people who live in the South estates, who in my experience generally get off in Vine Place. When Homeside was closed due to covid/social distancing I started walking to town rather than get the bus as I didn't want to be dropped off on Stockton road and have trek back into town. Surely things could just be left the way they are now but installing bus lane cameras instead?

Exactly this, it doesn't seem fair to force people who normally get off outside of TK Maxx to get off past Park Lane on Stockton Road. People say Park Lane is too far away but they're forcing people to walk even further than Park Lane is unless they want to wait until the bus gets to Fawcett Street.

23 Oct 2022, 8:01 am #22
(22 Oct 2022, 2:00 pm)deanmachine Exactly this, it doesn't seem fair to force people who normally get off outside of TK Maxx to get off past Park Lane on Stockton Road. People say Park Lane is too far away but they're forcing people to walk even further than Park Lane is unless they want to wait until the bus gets to Fawcett Street.
The assumption appears to be everyone will remain on the bus until it arrives at the winter gardens stops on Burdon Road/Fawcett Street. Irony here is by not going with their original plan and reverting back to the lockdown plan, they've restored a plan they themselves said didn't work...
54APhotography
23 Oct 2022, 8:01 am #22

(22 Oct 2022, 2:00 pm)deanmachine Exactly this, it doesn't seem fair to force people who normally get off outside of TK Maxx to get off past Park Lane on Stockton Road. People say Park Lane is too far away but they're forcing people to walk even further than Park Lane is unless they want to wait until the bus gets to Fawcett Street.
The assumption appears to be everyone will remain on the bus until it arrives at the winter gardens stops on Burdon Road/Fawcett Street. Irony here is by not going with their original plan and reverting back to the lockdown plan, they've restored a plan they themselves said didn't work...

Michael

01 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm #23
NEXUS have new timetables from Thursday 4th November 2022 - I take it the work for the road is starting on that day.

Nothing on the Stagecoach/GNE sites though.............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm #23

NEXUS have new timetables from Thursday 4th November 2022 - I take it the work for the road is starting on that day.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

02 Nov 2022, 8:32 am #24
(01 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm)Michael NEXUS have new timetables from Thursday 4th November 2022 - I take it the work for the road is starting on that day.

Signs are up claiming 'Bus rationalisation scheme' basically it's mainly path works, and to reinstate the westbound stops on Vine Place with path widening
54APhotography
02 Nov 2022, 8:32 am #24

(01 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm)Michael NEXUS have new timetables from Thursday 4th November 2022 - I take it the work for the road is starting on that day.

Signs are up claiming 'Bus rationalisation scheme' basically it's mainly path works, and to reinstate the westbound stops on Vine Place with path widening

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Nov 2022, 4:59 pm #25

Both updated their websites today.

Go North East:
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/minor-rout...3-november

Stagecoach:
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:34:18:691
Dan
02 Nov 2022, 4:59 pm #25

Both updated their websites today.

Go North East:

Stagecoach:

Unber43

02 Nov 2022, 5:21 pm #26
(02 Nov 2022, 4:59 pm)Dan Both updated their websites today.

Go North East:

Stagecoach:
I don't know why 2/2A/33/39/39A/39B couldn't use stand A & E, would be better for passengers too.
Unber43
02 Nov 2022, 5:21 pm #26

(02 Nov 2022, 4:59 pm)Dan Both updated their websites today.

Go North East:

Stagecoach:
I don't know why 2/2A/33/39/39A/39B couldn't use stand A & E, would be better for passengers too.

cbma06

02 Nov 2022, 5:48 pm #27
(02 Nov 2022, 5:21 pm)Unber43 I don't know why 2/2A/33/39/39A/39B couldn't use stand A & E, would be better for passengers too.

Probably more to do with the bus operator operating there own commercial bus services would be charged per bus using the bus interchange if there run them bus services in there if there not secured service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
02 Nov 2022, 5:48 pm #27

(02 Nov 2022, 5:21 pm)Unber43 I don't know why 2/2A/33/39/39A/39B couldn't use stand A & E, would be better for passengers too.

Probably more to do with the bus operator operating there own commercial bus services would be charged per bus using the bus interchange if there run them bus services in there if there not secured service.

Unber43

24 Nov 2022, 11:35 pm #28
The bus stop which the diverted buses now use is soo much better for connections within the bus station, the bus stop is literally connected to Park Lane, much easier for customers now.
Unber43
24 Nov 2022, 11:35 pm #28

The bus stop which the diverted buses now use is soo much better for connections within the bus station, the bus stop is literally connected to Park Lane, much easier for customers now.

25 Nov 2022, 1:02 am #29
(24 Nov 2022, 11:35 pm)Unber43 The bus stop which the diverted buses now use is soo much better for connections within the bus station, the bus stop is literally connected to Park Lane, much easier for customers now.

Apart from every bus in Sunderland now using a 4 foot wide gap. Which is a timing point for the 2/2A and a change over point for the 39A/B.
deanmachine
25 Nov 2022, 1:02 am #29

(24 Nov 2022, 11:35 pm)Unber43 The bus stop which the diverted buses now use is soo much better for connections within the bus station, the bus stop is literally connected to Park Lane, much easier for customers now.

Apart from every bus in Sunderland now using a 4 foot wide gap. Which is a timing point for the 2/2A and a change over point for the 39A/B.

Unber43

25 Nov 2022, 2:12 am #30
(25 Nov 2022, 1:02 am)deanmachine Apart from every bus in Sunderland now using a 4 foot wide gap. Which is a timing point for the 2/2A and a change over point for the 39A/B.
And the 33!
Unber43
25 Nov 2022, 2:12 am #30

(25 Nov 2022, 1:02 am)deanmachine Apart from every bus in Sunderland now using a 4 foot wide gap. Which is a timing point for the 2/2A and a change over point for the 39A/B.
And the 33!

F114TML

25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am #31
Which is really annoying. Mind, it's better than the temporary stop outside Age UK where a 33 would change over, a bus would pull in behind to serve the stop and in doing so blocks the whole road off to anything much bigger than a van. We were told yesterday if a GNE bus was changing over at that stop to drop people off in a 'safe location nearby' so that's gonna be fun. Could they not move the changeover point to the Jameson's pub/Fawcett Street/Winter Gardens?
F114TML
25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am #31

Which is really annoying. Mind, it's better than the temporary stop outside Age UK where a 33 would change over, a bus would pull in behind to serve the stop and in doing so blocks the whole road off to anything much bigger than a van. We were told yesterday if a GNE bus was changing over at that stop to drop people off in a 'safe location nearby' so that's gonna be fun. Could they not move the changeover point to the Jameson's pub/Fawcett Street/Winter Gardens?

Unber43

25 Nov 2022, 10:04 am #32
(25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am)F114TML Which is really annoying. Mind, it's better than the temporary stop outside Age UK where a 33 would change over, a bus would pull in behind to serve the stop and in doing so blocks the whole road off to anything much bigger than a van. We were told yesterday if a GNE bus was changing over at that stop to drop people off in a 'safe location nearby' so that's gonna be fun. Could they not move the changeover point to the Jameson's pub/Fawcett Street/Winter Gardens?
Tbf, I don't know why they just don't pull into what was Stand Z (where 22/23/60/61/X6/38) drop people off. drop people off at the temp stop and changeover there
Unber43
25 Nov 2022, 10:04 am #32

(25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am)F114TML Which is really annoying. Mind, it's better than the temporary stop outside Age UK where a 33 would change over, a bus would pull in behind to serve the stop and in doing so blocks the whole road off to anything much bigger than a van. We were told yesterday if a GNE bus was changing over at that stop to drop people off in a 'safe location nearby' so that's gonna be fun. Could they not move the changeover point to the Jameson's pub/Fawcett Street/Winter Gardens?
Tbf, I don't know why they just don't pull into what was Stand Z (where 22/23/60/61/X6/38) drop people off. drop people off at the temp stop and changeover there

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Nov 2022, 10:57 am #33

That’s a fair old walk for drivers that have their break at Park Lane!

Dan
25 Nov 2022, 10:57 am #33

That’s a fair old walk for drivers that have their break at Park Lane!

26 Nov 2022, 2:23 pm #34

We assumed that that stop was going to be just a stand for the 39/33 for changeovers when it was first put in, didn't think Nexus were so stupid to make every eastbound bus in Sunderland stop in that gap.
deanmachine
26 Nov 2022, 2:23 pm #34

We assumed that that stop was going to be just a stand for the 39/33 for changeovers when it was first put in, didn't think Nexus were so stupid to make every eastbound bus in Sunderland stop in that gap.

F114TML

26 Nov 2022, 2:34 pm #35
(26 Nov 2022, 2:23 pm)deanmachine We assumed that that stop was going to be just a stand for the 39/33 for changeovers when it was first put in, didn't think Nexus were so stupid to make every eastbound bus in Sunderland stop in that gap.
To be honest, for some reason I assumed it'd be a bay stop. In hindsight, not exactly sure where that would go.
F114TML
26 Nov 2022, 2:34 pm #35

(26 Nov 2022, 2:23 pm)deanmachine We assumed that that stop was going to be just a stand for the 39/33 for changeovers when it was first put in, didn't think Nexus were so stupid to make every eastbound bus in Sunderland stop in that gap.
To be honest, for some reason I assumed it'd be a bay stop. In hindsight, not exactly sure where that would go.

ALavery

04 May 2023, 3:17 pm #36
As the works are getting closer to completion I’m wondering how it’s going to work as the plans have seemed to have changed? I understood initially that the stops on vine place would be replaced with those ‘greener’ ones where buses then continued east-bound along holmeside, then up maritime street to brougham street. But judging by road markers the west bound one way system goes beyond holmeside and through vine place, so what route are buses going to take? How are they going to get through to brougham street?
ALavery
04 May 2023, 3:17 pm #36

As the works are getting closer to completion I’m wondering how it’s going to work as the plans have seemed to have changed? I understood initially that the stops on vine place would be replaced with those ‘greener’ ones where buses then continued east-bound along holmeside, then up maritime street to brougham street. But judging by road markers the west bound one way system goes beyond holmeside and through vine place, so what route are buses going to take? How are they going to get through to brougham street?

04 May 2023, 3:29 pm #37
(04 May 2023, 3:17 pm)ALavery As the works are getting closer to completion I’m wondering how it’s going to work as the plans have seemed to have changed? I understood initially that the stops on vine place would be replaced with those ‘greener’ ones where buses then continued east-bound along holmeside, then up maritime street to brougham street. But judging by road markers the west bound one way system goes beyond holmeside and through vine place, so what route are buses going to take? How are they going to get through to brougham street?
Buses all head west. Cars etc only via Brougham Street.
54APhotography
04 May 2023, 3:29 pm #37

(04 May 2023, 3:17 pm)ALavery As the works are getting closer to completion I’m wondering how it’s going to work as the plans have seemed to have changed? I understood initially that the stops on vine place would be replaced with those ‘greener’ ones where buses then continued east-bound along holmeside, then up maritime street to brougham street. But judging by road markers the west bound one way system goes beyond holmeside and through vine place, so what route are buses going to take? How are they going to get through to brougham street?
Buses all head west. Cars etc only via Brougham Street.

ALavery

04 May 2023, 3:56 pm #38
(04 May 2023, 3:29 pm)54APhotography Buses all head west. Cars etc only via Brougham Street.

so will east-bound buses keep to going via park lane now? What’s happening with those?
ALavery
04 May 2023, 3:56 pm #38

(04 May 2023, 3:29 pm)54APhotography Buses all head west. Cars etc only via Brougham Street.

so will east-bound buses keep to going via park lane now? What’s happening with those?

cbma06

04 May 2023, 4:06 pm #39
(04 May 2023, 3:56 pm)ALavery so will east-bound buses keep to going via park lane now? What’s happening with those?

The buses going along past the interchange and back of old civic centre and Burdon road is permanent and not temporary, Vine place is west bound only with buses,holmside is west bound to all traffic with buses going up to vine place and all other vehicles to turn right into maritime street then right into brougham street then right again along Waterloo place then left at holmside up to Fawcett street, there be a pointless cycle lane eastbound from vine place into holmside, taxi rank outside south entrance train station will be moved onto the left side of brougham street.

More info

https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/article/20...ory-scheme

I’m wondering if stagecoach service 20 will be still going along past the city hall along st Mary’s road when the council takes out the roundabout next to wearmouth bridge and st Mary’s road became single lane traffic and not double lane carriageway

[Image: b7601ed4310d170cd6bbaf470a5029fb.jpg]

cbma06
04 May 2023, 4:06 pm #39

(04 May 2023, 3:56 pm)ALavery so will east-bound buses keep to going via park lane now? What’s happening with those?

The buses going along past the interchange and back of old civic centre and Burdon road is permanent and not temporary, Vine place is west bound only with buses,holmside is west bound to all traffic with buses going up to vine place and all other vehicles to turn right into maritime street then right into brougham street then right again along Waterloo place then left at holmside up to Fawcett street, there be a pointless cycle lane eastbound from vine place into holmside, taxi rank outside south entrance train station will be moved onto the left side of brougham street.

More info

https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/article/20...ory-scheme

I’m wondering if stagecoach service 20 will be still going along past the city hall along st Mary’s road when the council takes out the roundabout next to wearmouth bridge and st Mary’s road became single lane traffic and not double lane carriageway

[Image: b7601ed4310d170cd6bbaf470a5029fb.jpg]

Andreos1

25 Jul 2023, 2:11 pm #40
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66289106

Holmeside amongst a list of locations to get bus lane cameras.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Jul 2023, 2:11 pm #40

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66289106

Holmeside amongst a list of locations to get bus lane cameras.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average