Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Weather

Weather

Weather

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (11) Previous 18 9 10 11 Next
BusLoverMum

21 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm #161
(21 Nov 2016, 6:44 pm)Michael Seen a few posts on facebook that some roads in Middlesbrough have flooded...

Be careful if you're out and about tonight

Not surprised. Horizontal stair rods, at the moment.
BusLoverMum
21 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm #161

(21 Nov 2016, 6:44 pm)Michael Seen a few posts on facebook that some roads in Middlesbrough have flooded...

Be careful if you're out and about tonight

Not surprised. Horizontal stair rods, at the moment.

Michael

21 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm #162
(21 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm)BusLoverMum Not surprised. Horizontal stair rods, at the moment.

Hasn't stopped raining for hours in Sunderland, better stop tomorrow when i'm at work.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm #162

(21 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm)BusLoverMum Not surprised. Horizontal stair rods, at the moment.

Hasn't stopped raining for hours in Sunderland, better stop tomorrow when i'm at work.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

21 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm #163
(21 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm)Michael Hasn't stopped raining for hours in Sunderland, better stop tomorrow when i'm at work.

It's supposed to ease off overnight and stop around 8am. Husband needs to driver down to Wakefield, in the morning. The A1 ws floded aorund Catterick, last time he went, though it's not so bad down there, judging by the storm radar.
BusLoverMum
21 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm #163

(21 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm)Michael Hasn't stopped raining for hours in Sunderland, better stop tomorrow when i'm at work.

It's supposed to ease off overnight and stop around 8am. Husband needs to driver down to Wakefield, in the morning. The A1 ws floded aorund Catterick, last time he went, though it's not so bad down there, judging by the storm radar.

Michael

21 Nov 2016, 7:25 pm #164
(21 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum It's supposed to ease off overnight and stop around 8am. Husband needs to driver down to Wakefield, in the morning. The A1 ws floded aorund Catterick, last time he went, though it's not so bad down there, judging by the storm radar.

I hope so, i don't start work till 12:30pm so hopefully its stopped, don't fancy the 15 minute walk from the bridge to work!

Ughh that could become the worst drive ever if its flooded, hopefully not!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2016, 7:25 pm #164

(21 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum It's supposed to ease off overnight and stop around 8am. Husband needs to driver down to Wakefield, in the morning. The A1 ws floded aorund Catterick, last time he went, though it's not so bad down there, judging by the storm radar.

I hope so, i don't start work till 12:30pm so hopefully its stopped, don't fancy the 15 minute walk from the bridge to work!

Ughh that could become the worst drive ever if its flooded, hopefully not!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

21 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm #165
Horrible in Newcastle, had to queue for 10 minutes to get into the O2 Academy for Courteeners with us needing to be searched to ensure we had nowt like flares, fireworks and drugs.
Jimmi
21 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm #165

Horrible in Newcastle, had to queue for 10 minutes to get into the O2 Academy for Courteeners with us needing to be searched to ensure we had nowt like flares, fireworks and drugs.

Andreos1

21 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm #166
(21 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm)Jimmi Horrible in Newcastle, had to queue for 10 minutes to get into the O2 Academy for Courteeners with us needing to be searched to ensure we had nowt like flares, fireworks and drugs.

Was going to ask what took you so long, but you said.

You just have to bide your time and when you come out, think about how good it was.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm #166

(21 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm)Jimmi Horrible in Newcastle, had to queue for 10 minutes to get into the O2 Academy for Courteeners with us needing to be searched to ensure we had nowt like flares, fireworks and drugs.

Was going to ask what took you so long, but you said.

You just have to bide your time and when you come out, think about how good it was.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jimmi

21 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm #167
(21 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm)Andreos1 Was going to ask what took you so long, but you said.

No you didn't, no you don't
Jimmi
21 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm #167

(21 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm)Andreos1 Was going to ask what took you so long, but you said.

No you didn't, no you don't

BusLoverMum

21 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm #168
Flood alerts for all the rivers, now.

But blow me down if Arriva didn't actually post a service update on Twitter. That's their customer service quota exhausted for the rest of the year.
BusLoverMum
21 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm #168

Flood alerts for all the rivers, now.

But blow me down if Arriva didn't actually post a service update on Twitter. That's their customer service quota exhausted for the rest of the year.

Michael

21 Nov 2016, 9:32 pm #169
(21 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm)BusLoverMum Flood alerts for all the rivers, now.

Not good.

It's been raining since around 1:45pm in Sunderland and it's still going now.

----
A195 Tyne And Wear:- 

A195 Northumberland Way in Fatfield closed in both directions at the A182 Washington Highway junction because of flooding.

#NEfollowers #NorthEast #traffic #travel

----
A692 Tyne And Wear:-

A692 Consett Road in Sunniside closed in both directions between the Alwinton Gardens junction and the Pennyfine Road junction because of flooding.

----

This is Crook at the min
Edited 21 Nov 2016, 9:36 pm by Michael.
Attached Files
.jpg
FB_IMG_1479764008686.jpg
Size 47.88 KB / Downloads 8

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2016, 9:32 pm #169

(21 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm)BusLoverMum Flood alerts for all the rivers, now.

Not good.

It's been raining since around 1:45pm in Sunderland and it's still going now.

----
A195 Tyne And Wear:- 

A195 Northumberland Way in Fatfield closed in both directions at the A182 Washington Highway junction because of flooding.

----
A692 Tyne And Wear:-

A692 Consett Road in Sunniside closed in both directions between the Alwinton Gardens junction and the Pennyfine Road junction because of flooding.

----

This is Crook at the min

Attached Files
.jpg
FB_IMG_1479764008686.jpg
Size 47.88 KB / Downloads 8

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

21 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm #170
Reports that Lanchester has flooded.
S813 FVK
21 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm #170

Reports that Lanchester has flooded.

Michael

21 Nov 2016, 9:36 pm #171
(21 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm)S813 FVK Reports that Lanchester has flooded.

Hopefully not Undecided

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2016, 9:36 pm #171

(21 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm)S813 FVK Reports that Lanchester has flooded.

Hopefully not Undecided

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

21 Nov 2016, 10:49 pm #172
Massive update from Sunderlandnow:

Ryhope Road in Sunderland is flooded in both directions close to the Shell garage which is causing traffic disruption in the area.

Northumbria Police
The public are being advised to take care as bad weather hits the region.

Heavy rain and strong winds have battered the north east today and as a result a number of roads across the region have been flooded.

Police are out in force this evening to try and assist members of the public but they are advising people not to use the roads unless they have to.

No houses have yet been evacuated but the heavy rain is expected to continue throughout the evening before starting to ease off in the early hours of the morning.

Some of the roads affected by heavy rain include:

- The central motorway heading from the Tyne Bridge into Newcastle is flooded and traffic there is moving very slowly. Officers are at the scene.

- The central motorway heading towards Tynemouth is also flooded. Officers are on scene but one lane is blocked.

- The central motorway junction with the Great North Road is also flooded. It is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

- The junction of Skinnerburn Road and Shotfactory Lane is also flooded in Newcastle. It is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

- There is standing water on Scotswood Road in Newcastle in both directions. That road is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

-  Kenton Lane is flooded close to the junction of Kenton Road is flooded heading towards Gosforth. It is also flooded close to the junction of Salters Road.

- The eastbound sliproad from the Coast Road onto Chillingham road has been closed due to flooding in the area.

- Berwick Hill road near Ponteland is also flooded and motorists should look to use an alternative route.

-  The Washington Highway roundabout for the A195/A182 has been completely closed due to 2ft of standing water. Diversions are in place.

- Leam Lane between the Lindisfarne and Whitemarepool roundabouts is flooded in both directions. The road is passable northbound but closed southbound.

- Ryhope Road in Sunderland is flooded in both directions close to the Shell garage which is causing traffic disruption in the area.

-Hylton road flooded down by st Anne's school, avoid if possible

A lot of roads in rural Northumberland will also be flooded and motorists are advised not to dry through flood water unless they are certain of its depth.

Many roads in urban areas are passable with care but police are advising the public not to travel unless they absolutely have to as there is major disruption across the region.

Officers and local authority workers will be on duty through the night to try and ensure the roads are clear ahead of the morning rush hour.

The public are reminded that they should only dial 999 in an emergency. Call 101 if you require a police response but there is not immediate risk to person or property.
Edited 21 Nov 2016, 10:52 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2016, 10:49 pm #172

Massive update from Sunderlandnow:

Ryhope Road in Sunderland is flooded in both directions close to the Shell garage which is causing traffic disruption in the area.

Northumbria Police
The public are being advised to take care as bad weather hits the region.

Heavy rain and strong winds have battered the north east today and as a result a number of roads across the region have been flooded.

Police are out in force this evening to try and assist members of the public but they are advising people not to use the roads unless they have to.

No houses have yet been evacuated but the heavy rain is expected to continue throughout the evening before starting to ease off in the early hours of the morning.

Some of the roads affected by heavy rain include:

- The central motorway heading from the Tyne Bridge into Newcastle is flooded and traffic there is moving very slowly. Officers are at the scene.

- The central motorway heading towards Tynemouth is also flooded. Officers are on scene but one lane is blocked.

- The central motorway junction with the Great North Road is also flooded. It is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

- The junction of Skinnerburn Road and Shotfactory Lane is also flooded in Newcastle. It is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

- There is standing water on Scotswood Road in Newcastle in both directions. That road is passable but motorists are being advised to take care.

-  Kenton Lane is flooded close to the junction of Kenton Road is flooded heading towards Gosforth. It is also flooded close to the junction of Salters Road.

- The eastbound sliproad from the Coast Road onto Chillingham road has been closed due to flooding in the area.

- Berwick Hill road near Ponteland is also flooded and motorists should look to use an alternative route.

-  The Washington Highway roundabout for the A195/A182 has been completely closed due to 2ft of standing water. Diversions are in place.

- Leam Lane between the Lindisfarne and Whitemarepool roundabouts is flooded in both directions. The road is passable northbound but closed southbound.

- Ryhope Road in Sunderland is flooded in both directions close to the Shell garage which is causing traffic disruption in the area.

-Hylton road flooded down by st Anne's school, avoid if possible

A lot of roads in rural Northumberland will also be flooded and motorists are advised not to dry through flood water unless they are certain of its depth.

Many roads in urban areas are passable with care but police are advising the public not to travel unless they absolutely have to as there is major disruption across the region.

Officers and local authority workers will be on duty through the night to try and ensure the roads are clear ahead of the morning rush hour.

The public are reminded that they should only dial 999 in an emergency. Call 101 if you require a police response but there is not immediate risk to person or property.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

08 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm #173
Potential for some snow in parts of our region later this week, get your cameras ready!
tyresmoke
08 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm #173

Potential for some snow in parts of our region later this week, get your cameras ready!

BusLoverMum

09 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm #174
(08 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm)tyresmoke Potential for some snow in parts of our region later this week, get your cameras ready!

We have a snow warning, but the met office (who tends to be conservative on these things, admittedly) is only giving us a 10% chance of precipitation. So, if we don't get snow, there's not much chance for anyone else, as the warning area seems to be fairly coastal.
BusLoverMum
09 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm #174

(08 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm)tyresmoke Potential for some snow in parts of our region later this week, get your cameras ready!

We have a snow warning, but the met office (who tends to be conservative on these things, admittedly) is only giving us a 10% chance of precipitation. So, if we don't get snow, there's not much chance for anyone else, as the warning area seems to be fairly coastal.

09 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm #175
Just had a look at it today and it seems to be from Wednesday onwards; working its way further east as the week goes on.

Typical it misses out 80% of the Tyne Valley though!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
09 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm #175

Just had a look at it today and it seems to be from Wednesday onwards; working its way further east as the week goes on.

Typical it misses out 80% of the Tyne Valley though!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Ambassador

09 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm #176
It amazes me that we have serous and respectable news outlets reporting that we might have snow in January.

In the Winter...in the Northern Hemisphere...in Wiiiiinter. Snow.

Stunning

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
09 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm #176

It amazes me that we have serous and respectable news outlets reporting that we might have snow in January.

In the Winter...in the Northern Hemisphere...in Wiiiiinter. Snow.

Stunning

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Michael

12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am #177
Anyone had snow?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am #177

Anyone had snow?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

12 Jan 2017, 9:19 am #178
(12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am)Michael Anyone had snow?

The merest dusting. 

The one thing I like about it being this cold is the fact thatthe frost isn't at all slippery. I hope it stays that way because my back is giving me hell, at the moment.
BusLoverMum
12 Jan 2017, 9:19 am #178

(12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am)Michael Anyone had snow?

The merest dusting. 

The one thing I like about it being this cold is the fact thatthe frost isn't at all slippery. I hope it stays that way because my back is giving me hell, at the moment.

Michael

12 Jan 2017, 9:21 am #179
(12 Jan 2017, 9:19 am)BusLoverMum The merest dusting. 

We haven't even had that in Sunderland, we've had nothing, i want it to snow as it'll be more fun at work.... Tongue 

Heard Consett has had 1 inch of snow, as my dad is working in that area today.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jan 2017, 9:21 am #179

(12 Jan 2017, 9:19 am)BusLoverMum The merest dusting. 

We haven't even had that in Sunderland, we've had nothing, i want it to snow as it'll be more fun at work.... Tongue 

Heard Consett has had 1 inch of snow, as my dad is working in that area today.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

12 Jan 2017, 9:45 am #180
Dads had to get back in his van at Consett because the snow is really heavy, they've got about 3 inches.

WHERE IS THE SNOW IN SUNDERLAND?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jan 2017, 9:45 am #180

Dads had to get back in his van at Consett because the snow is really heavy, they've got about 3 inches.

WHERE IS THE SNOW IN SUNDERLAND?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (11) Previous 18 9 10 11 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average