Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Upcoming Repaints

Upcoming Repaints

Upcoming Repaints

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (19) Previous 115 16 1719 Next
Ambassador

23 Jan 2024, 9:34 am #301
Did I mention how delighted I am this loss making business has moved on from enthusiast pleasing paint jobs that make absolutely no difference to passengers on a route that needs absolutely no support and if you put an Arriva bus on would still fill up?
Ambassador
23 Jan 2024, 9:34 am #301

Did I mention how delighted I am this loss making business has moved on from enthusiast pleasing paint jobs that make absolutely no difference to passengers on a route that needs absolutely no support and if you put an Arriva bus on would still fill up?

MurdnunoC

23 Jan 2024, 10:15 am #302
(23 Jan 2024, 9:34 am)Ambassador Did I mention how delighted I am this loss making business has moved on from enthusiast pleasing paint jobs that make absolutely no difference to passengers on a route that needs absolutely no support and if you put an Arriva bus on would still fill up?
I'm guessing the reveal of this super secret E200 which is being painted super secretly at Saltmeadows in the old Supershuttle livery won't be your cup of tea then?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
23 Jan 2024, 10:15 am #302

(23 Jan 2024, 9:34 am)Ambassador Did I mention how delighted I am this loss making business has moved on from enthusiast pleasing paint jobs that make absolutely no difference to passengers on a route that needs absolutely no support and if you put an Arriva bus on would still fill up?
I'm guessing the reveal of this super secret E200 which is being painted super secretly at Saltmeadows in the old Supershuttle livery won't be your cup of tea then?

Adrian

23 Jan 2024, 12:44 pm #303

I can't wait to see how a new lick of paint and a blast back to the 90s, completely changes the fortunes of this company. Because they've never tried that in the last 20 years.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Jan 2024, 12:44 pm #303

I can't wait to see how a new lick of paint and a blast back to the 90s, completely changes the fortunes of this company. Because they've never tried that in the last 20 years.

busmanT

23 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm #304
(23 Jan 2024, 12:44 pm)Adrian I can't wait to see how a new lick of paint and a blast back to the 90s, completely changes the fortunes of this company. Because they've never tried that in the last 20 years.

Wasn’t a new lick of paint due anyway, with the demise of Green Arrow and the return from Bee Network?
X66 has been branded for years, only latterly not branded as the last branded buses were commandeered for Go North West.
busmanT
23 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm #304

(23 Jan 2024, 12:44 pm)Adrian I can't wait to see how a new lick of paint and a blast back to the 90s, completely changes the fortunes of this company. Because they've never tried that in the last 20 years.

Wasn’t a new lick of paint due anyway, with the demise of Green Arrow and the return from Bee Network?
X66 has been branded for years, only latterly not branded as the last branded buses were commandeered for Go North West.

MurdnunoC

23 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm #305
(23 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm)busmanT Wasn’t a new lick of paint due anyway, with the demise of Green Arrow and the return from Bee Network?
Perhaps.

But wouldn't it be more productive and cost-effective to paint it into corporate livery? That way, you save £2k+ when the company inevitably gets bored and the bus finds its way onto anything and everything bar the X66 (which is neither 'super' nor a 'shuttle' anymore).

Edited 23 Jan 2024, 2:34 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
23 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm #305

(23 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm)busmanT Wasn’t a new lick of paint due anyway, with the demise of Green Arrow and the return from Bee Network?
Perhaps.

But wouldn't it be more productive and cost-effective to paint it into corporate livery? That way, you save £2k+ when the company inevitably gets bored and the bus finds its way onto anything and everything bar the X66 (which is neither 'super' nor a 'shuttle' anymore).

Adrian

23 Jan 2024, 3:11 pm #306

That's my point, though. Maybe not specifically about the X66, but continuing to do the same repetitive nonsense over and over, expecting a different result.

If this is indeed a new X66 livery, it's the 6th that I can count in the past 12 years. In that time, we've seen it lose it's shuttle status, rerouted to serve additional stops, reduce in capacity and reduce in frequency. But hey, let's try it again, I'm sure it'll be better next time.

Adrian
23 Jan 2024, 3:11 pm #306

That's my point, though. Maybe not specifically about the X66, but continuing to do the same repetitive nonsense over and over, expecting a different result.

If this is indeed a new X66 livery, it's the 6th that I can count in the past 12 years. In that time, we've seen it lose it's shuttle status, rerouted to serve additional stops, reduce in capacity and reduce in frequency. But hey, let's try it again, I'm sure it'll be better next time.

Aaron21

23 Jan 2024, 5:06 pm #307
Well it's here. Nice to see the metro logo has been added

https://flic.kr/p/2pu7vjP (front)
https://flic.kr/p/2pu69ve (back)
Aaron21
23 Jan 2024, 5:06 pm #307

Well it's here. Nice to see the metro logo has been added

23 Jan 2024, 5:45 pm #308
You know, if it wasn't for that awkward bit of yellow dipping down on the front, I'd say that looked rather smart!
streetdeckfan
23 Jan 2024, 5:45 pm #308

You know, if it wasn't for that awkward bit of yellow dipping down on the front, I'd say that looked rather smart!

Michael

23 Jan 2024, 5:46 pm #309
(23 Jan 2024, 5:06 pm)Aaron21 Well it's here. Nice to see the metro logo has been added

Actually looks good.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jan 2024, 5:46 pm #309

(23 Jan 2024, 5:06 pm)Aaron21 Well it's here. Nice to see the metro logo has been added

Actually looks good.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

23 Jan 2024, 6:16 pm #310
(23 Jan 2024, 3:11 pm)Adrian That's my point, though. Maybe not specifically about the X66, but continuing to do the same repetitive nonsense over and over, expecting a different result.

It's more ironic that they've just put a ZEBRA 2 bid in, which if they win, then this will last 3 years max.
Storx
23 Jan 2024, 6:16 pm #310

(23 Jan 2024, 3:11 pm)Adrian That's my point, though. Maybe not specifically about the X66, but continuing to do the same repetitive nonsense over and over, expecting a different result.

It's more ironic that they've just put a ZEBRA 2 bid in, which if they win, then this will last 3 years max.

busmanT

23 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm #311
(23 Jan 2024, 6:16 pm)Storx It's more ironic that they've just put a ZEBRA 2 bid in, which if they win, then this will last 3 years max.

3 years is a long time in bus operation …….

And no guarantee that the ZEBRA2 bid will be accepted.
busmanT
23 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm #311

(23 Jan 2024, 6:16 pm)Storx It's more ironic that they've just put a ZEBRA 2 bid in, which if they win, then this will last 3 years max.

3 years is a long time in bus operation …….

Storx

23 Jan 2024, 6:37 pm #312
(23 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm)busmanT 3 years is a long time in bus operation …….

You could've just painted it into corporate and stuck some vinyls on doing the exact same thing... Most people really don't care, hence Stagecoach isn't going bust and Arriva Northumbria are doing well on the X21/X22 where they ditched branding completely.

It's just another brand to add to the other 100 brands and bizarrely is missing all the information that actually matters; fares, frequency, route number, it's express etc.
Storx
23 Jan 2024, 6:37 pm #312

(23 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm)busmanT 3 years is a long time in bus operation …….

You could've just painted it into corporate and stuck some vinyls on doing the exact same thing... Most people really don't care, hence Stagecoach isn't going bust and Arriva Northumbria are doing well on the X21/X22 where they ditched branding completely.

It's just another brand to add to the other 100 brands and bizarrely is missing all the information that actually matters; fares, frequency, route number, it's express etc.

Ambassador

23 Jan 2024, 6:46 pm #313
Im sure it’s nice for whoever is involved to get to play designer but this is a total waste of resource by a company we’re told has no money. It’s taken up someone’s time and effort and all to get some likes on a Facebook group for a livery that is utterly meaningless to anyone that isn’t an enthusiast.

Navel gazing nonsense…any chance we can get some adults in charge?
Ambassador
23 Jan 2024, 6:46 pm #313

Im sure it’s nice for whoever is involved to get to play designer but this is a total waste of resource by a company we’re told has no money. It’s taken up someone’s time and effort and all to get some likes on a Facebook group for a livery that is utterly meaningless to anyone that isn’t an enthusiast.

Wybus

23 Jan 2024, 6:47 pm #314
Looks nice and it’s good that the X66 is getting branded again considering it has pretty much always been branded

Isn’t this thing where some people have to moan and complain about everything getting a bit boring now?
Wybus
23 Jan 2024, 6:47 pm #314

Looks nice and it’s good that the X66 is getting branded again considering it has pretty much always been branded

Isn’t this thing where some people have to moan and complain about everything getting a bit boring now?

ne14ne1

23 Jan 2024, 6:48 pm #315
Why have they bothered doing that?
Is the company being ran by bus spotters rather than business people?
ne14ne1
23 Jan 2024, 6:48 pm #315

Why have they bothered doing that?
Is the company being ran by bus spotters rather than business people?

Ambassador

23 Jan 2024, 6:52 pm #316
(23 Jan 2024, 6:47 pm)Wybus Looks nice and it’s good that the X66 is getting branded again considering it has pretty much always been branded

It’s not just moaning or complaining for the sake of it. It’s more of an example of why the business is failing completely. 

We should absolutely not be celebrating a route that doesn’t need branding being branded by a company that has no money and constantly has its begging bowl out (publically so during the industrial dispute) 

Are we saying the X66 has suffered so badly by not having branded buses?

Look forward to these appearing on a multitude of random routes
Edited 23 Jan 2024, 6:52 pm by Ambassador.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
23 Jan 2024, 6:52 pm #316

(23 Jan 2024, 6:47 pm)Wybus Looks nice and it’s good that the X66 is getting branded again considering it has pretty much always been branded

It’s not just moaning or complaining for the sake of it. It’s more of an example of why the business is failing completely. 

We should absolutely not be celebrating a route that doesn’t need branding being branded by a company that has no money and constantly has its begging bowl out (publically so during the industrial dispute) 

Are we saying the X66 has suffered so badly by not having branded buses?

Look forward to these appearing on a multitude of random routes

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Adrian

23 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm #317

Isn't it a bit boring when everyone just agrees on everything?

It may look nice, and I agree it does, but Ambassador has hit the nail on the head in this post.

Adrian
23 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm #317

Isn't it a bit boring when everyone just agrees on everything?

It may look nice, and I agree it does, but Ambassador has hit the nail on the head in this post.

mb134

23 Jan 2024, 7:20 pm #318
(23 Jan 2024, 6:46 pm)Ambassador Im sure it’s nice for whoever is involved to get to play designer but this is a total waste of resource by a company we’re told has no money. It’s taken up someone’s time and effort and all to get some likes on a Facebook group for a livery that is utterly meaningless to anyone that isn’t an enthusiast.

It's mental, almost like no lessons have been learnt from the past few years. 

We've heard how "a new lick of paint [was] due anyway", which is being used as the excuse for yet another pretty average brand. They're hell-bent on spending all of their time and money on gimmicks rather than improving service delivery. 

I've asked before, but what is the actual priority of the company? Is it pleasing enthusiasts, or delivering for the people who pay their salaries? I struggle to think of a single decision in recent times which indicates the priority is the latter.
Edited 23 Jan 2024, 7:20 pm by mb134.
mb134
23 Jan 2024, 7:20 pm #318

(23 Jan 2024, 6:46 pm)Ambassador Im sure it’s nice for whoever is involved to get to play designer but this is a total waste of resource by a company we’re told has no money. It’s taken up someone’s time and effort and all to get some likes on a Facebook group for a livery that is utterly meaningless to anyone that isn’t an enthusiast.

It's mental, almost like no lessons have been learnt from the past few years. 

We've heard how "a new lick of paint [was] due anyway", which is being used as the excuse for yet another pretty average brand. They're hell-bent on spending all of their time and money on gimmicks rather than improving service delivery. 

I've asked before, but what is the actual priority of the company? Is it pleasing enthusiasts, or delivering for the people who pay their salaries? I struggle to think of a single decision in recent times which indicates the priority is the latter.

L469 YVK

23 Jan 2024, 7:54 pm #319
Unless the 'SuperShuttle' base livery will be the new corporate base livery going forward? Actually looks pretty smart, simple and could absorb up most brands. Keeping some form of a 'sub-brand' whilst retaining a recognisable corporate livery.
L469 YVK
23 Jan 2024, 7:54 pm #319

Unless the 'SuperShuttle' base livery will be the new corporate base livery going forward? Actually looks pretty smart, simple and could absorb up most brands. Keeping some form of a 'sub-brand' whilst retaining a recognisable corporate livery.

DeltaMan

23 Jan 2024, 9:17 pm #320

Heritage liveries have a place when it's one bus per depot as a "throwback". But when the depot has multiple brands, it just dilutes what's there. For what it's worth it does actually look nice. 

I'd also point out that yes, they've repainted the outside of some MMCs to corporate livery, but they STILL have Green Arrow branding inside. Maybe an internal messaging refresh on these vehicles would be a better use of time. It's pet peeve of mine when the outside of the Bus does not match the inside. It's FirstBus levels of laziness
Edited 23 Jan 2024, 9:20 pm by DeltaMan.
DeltaMan
23 Jan 2024, 9:17 pm #320

Heritage liveries have a place when it's one bus per depot as a "throwback". But when the depot has multiple brands, it just dilutes what's there. For what it's worth it does actually look nice. 

I'd also point out that yes, they've repainted the outside of some MMCs to corporate livery, but they STILL have Green Arrow branding inside. Maybe an internal messaging refresh on these vehicles would be a better use of time. It's pet peeve of mine when the outside of the Bus does not match the inside. It's FirstBus levels of laziness

Pages (19) Previous 115 16 1719 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average