Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

'YOU ARE NOT A BUS DRIVER' ad

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
21 Apr 2023, 4:07 pm #41
(21 Apr 2023, 1:38 pm)Andreos1 38k views on there alone!
Oh dear, Just seen it. 100K views on it
KingSlayerRBLX
21 Apr 2023, 4:07 pm #41

(21 Apr 2023, 1:38 pm)Andreos1 38k views on there alone!
Oh dear, Just seen it. 100K views on it

Andreos1

21 Apr 2023, 5:38 pm #42
(21 Apr 2023, 2:11 pm)Unber43 I've had both of those drivers, they're all really nice. 

From the comments it seems like there was a driver closed the doors ready to move off and a elderly man was running for the bus. Imo if this is what happened the bus driver is in the right when you're ready to move off shut the doors you *shouldn't* allow anyone on. 

That's why context is so important. 
It's all he said/she said prior to the recording.

However, what we do have is a recording of a driver on the verge of a heart attack, threatening passengers and members of the public.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2023, 5:38 pm #42

(21 Apr 2023, 2:11 pm)Unber43 I've had both of those drivers, they're all really nice. 

From the comments it seems like there was a driver closed the doors ready to move off and a elderly man was running for the bus. Imo if this is what happened the bus driver is in the right when you're ready to move off shut the doors you *shouldn't* allow anyone on. 

That's why context is so important. 

However, what we do have is a recording of a driver on the verge of a heart attack, threatening passengers and members of the public.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

mb134

21 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm #43
(21 Apr 2023, 5:38 pm)Andreos1 That's why context is so important. 

Which obviously makes said members of the public really comfortable about being driven places by someone with that sort of temperament.

The people filming haven't really helped the situation, but I know lots of companies which train employees with public facing roles to calmly direct complaints to customer services and try to move on. I'd assume GNE issues similar direction in their driver training.
mb134
21 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm #43

(21 Apr 2023, 5:38 pm)Andreos1 That's why context is so important. 

Which obviously makes said members of the public really comfortable about being driven places by someone with that sort of temperament.

The people filming haven't really helped the situation, but I know lots of companies which train employees with public facing roles to calmly direct complaints to customer services and try to move on. I'd assume GNE issues similar direction in their driver training.

Storx

21 Apr 2023, 6:58 pm #44

You don't make verbal threats in employment. End of story, there's no buts if or anything else.

He's not in the right. Context is irrelevant here.
Storx
21 Apr 2023, 6:58 pm #44

You don't make verbal threats in employment. End of story, there's no buts if or anything else.

21 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm #45
(21 Apr 2023, 6:58 pm)Storx You don't make verbal threats in employment. End of story, there's no buts if or anything else.

Exactly don't know how anyone was trying to stick up for him. He literally at the start of the video threatened to knock the guy out which is threatening behaviour I'd hope GNE would get involved and give that driver the sack as he's clearly a threat to the public the way he's acting and shouldn't be working in a job where he has to face the public, if it were me he'd went on luke that with I'd have him reported to the police for threatening behaviour.
EastCoastMXZ1751
21 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm #45

(21 Apr 2023, 6:58 pm)Storx You don't make verbal threats in employment. End of story, there's no buts if or anything else.

Exactly don't know how anyone was trying to stick up for him. He literally at the start of the video threatened to knock the guy out which is threatening behaviour I'd hope GNE would get involved and give that driver the sack as he's clearly a threat to the public the way he's acting and shouldn't be working in a job where he has to face the public, if it were me he'd went on luke that with I'd have him reported to the police for threatening behaviour.

Adrian

21 Apr 2023, 8:00 pm #46
(21 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm)mb134 Which obviously makes said members of the public really comfortable about being driven places by someone with that sort of temperament.

I agree it doesn't help, but I think what should happen next will emphasise why cameras are important. There's more than enough of them on your average GNE bus to show everything that allegedly happened to trigger this. Whether that be to protect the driver or to prove the customer had a valid complaint.

Of course easy to say in hindsight, but the best option is always to walk away when confronted like that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Apr 2023, 8:00 pm #46

(21 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm)mb134 Which obviously makes said members of the public really comfortable about being driven places by someone with that sort of temperament.

I agree it doesn't help, but I think what should happen next will emphasise why cameras are important. There's more than enough of them on your average GNE bus to show everything that allegedly happened to trigger this. Whether that be to protect the driver or to prove the customer had a valid complaint.

Of course easy to say in hindsight, but the best option is always to walk away when confronted like that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Storx

21 Apr 2023, 8:35 pm #47
(21 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm)EastCoastMXZ1751 Exactly don't know how anyone was trying to stick up for him. He literally at the start of the video threatened to knock the guy out which is threatening behaviour I'd hope GNE would get involved and give that driver the sack as he's clearly a threat to the public the way he's acting and shouldn't be working in a job where he has to face the public, if it were me he'd went on luke that with I'd have him reported to the police for threatening behaviour.

Totally agreed, the rest of it is completely irrelevant to me. You just can't square up to people - full stop. It's literally assault.

What happens if he has one of these outbursts while driving, oh sorry I got angry again and just rammed some kid off his bike.

Not worth the risk imo, outside the bus industry maybe, you'd just move him off public facing roles but it's not really possible as a bus driver.
Storx
21 Apr 2023, 8:35 pm #47

(21 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm)EastCoastMXZ1751 Exactly don't know how anyone was trying to stick up for him. He literally at the start of the video threatened to knock the guy out which is threatening behaviour I'd hope GNE would get involved and give that driver the sack as he's clearly a threat to the public the way he's acting and shouldn't be working in a job where he has to face the public, if it were me he'd went on luke that with I'd have him reported to the police for threatening behaviour.

Totally agreed, the rest of it is completely irrelevant to me. You just can't square up to people - full stop. It's literally assault.

What happens if he has one of these outbursts while driving, oh sorry I got angry again and just rammed some kid off his bike.

Not worth the risk imo, outside the bus industry maybe, you'd just move him off public facing roles but it's not really possible as a bus driver.

Unber43

21 Apr 2023, 8:50 pm #48

Im not saying he is in the right, I don't think he should have threatened anyone. Im saying the driver of the bus that pulled away was in the right.

The comments on Twitter is very Pro-GNE aswell.
Unber43
21 Apr 2023, 8:50 pm #48

Im not saying he is in the right, I don't think he should have threatened anyone. Im saying the driver of the bus that pulled away was in the right.

The comments on Twitter is very Pro-GNE aswell.

Jimmi

21 Apr 2023, 9:33 pm #49

IMO, both parties in this instance were somewhat out of order, I can somewhat understand why the driver got so hacked off considering the conduct from others by photographing and going up to him wasn't warranted I feel for the alleged incident but unfortunately the driver then put himself in the wrong with his reactions which we see in the video.

This I feel was a matter for customer services at most, certainly wasn't a matter of berating the driver over which led to the outburst (the outburst is certainly a serious matter however).

The issue of driving off as someone approaches the bus seems fairly common and I have experienced passengers shouting up at the driver when they've already committed to pulling away from the stop and have then heard the passengers call the driver worse than shite whenever they leave people at the stop.

Filming in these situations tends to be the done thing especially when things start getting heated, often for safety reasons, I've done it before for my own protection such as when I was involved in an incident over a photograph being taken of a bus with a Stagecoach driver who threatened to "do me" if photos surfaced online.
Jimmi
21 Apr 2023, 9:33 pm #49

IMO, both parties in this instance were somewhat out of order, I can somewhat understand why the driver got so hacked off considering the conduct from others by photographing and going up to him wasn't warranted I feel for the alleged incident but unfortunately the driver then put himself in the wrong with his reactions which we see in the video.

This I feel was a matter for customer services at most, certainly wasn't a matter of berating the driver over which led to the outburst (the outburst is certainly a serious matter however).

The issue of driving off as someone approaches the bus seems fairly common and I have experienced passengers shouting up at the driver when they've already committed to pulling away from the stop and have then heard the passengers call the driver worse than shite whenever they leave people at the stop.

Filming in these situations tends to be the done thing especially when things start getting heated, often for safety reasons, I've done it before for my own protection such as when I was involved in an incident over a photograph being taken of a bus with a Stagecoach driver who threatened to "do me" if photos surfaced online.

21 Apr 2023, 10:08 pm #50
I think the GNE employee did ‘overreact’ somewhat but the person recording the video was just as culpable. I hope the driver doesn’t lose his job . I found the Twitter account holder somewhat irritating.
Economic505
21 Apr 2023, 10:08 pm #50

I think the GNE employee did ‘overreact’ somewhat but the person recording the video was just as culpable. I hope the driver doesn’t lose his job . I found the Twitter account holder somewhat irritating.

Rob44

27 Apr 2023, 8:32 pm #51
Kept his job I've heard
Rob44
27 Apr 2023, 8:32 pm #51

Kept his job I've heard

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average