Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East 'Temporary' Frequency Reduction

'Temporary' Frequency Reduction

'Temporary' Frequency Reduction

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
30 Apr 2024, 2:08 pm #41
(30 Apr 2024, 1:39 pm)Rob44 this week or next i think - will effect the 342 i think too

Ah, yes I forgot it will affect the 342 as well. Tracking as normal so far on the 44 and 342. I wonder how the 342 will get round? Presumably the 44 is missing out Hazlerigg and operating as normal for the rest of the route?
OrangeArrow49
30 Apr 2024, 2:08 pm #41

(30 Apr 2024, 1:39 pm)Rob44 this week or next i think - will effect the 342 i think too

Ah, yes I forgot it will affect the 342 as well. Tracking as normal so far on the 44 and 342. I wonder how the 342 will get round? Presumably the 44 is missing out Hazlerigg and operating as normal for the rest of the route?

30 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm #42
I notice Arriva have pulled all their job adverts from Indeed and other jobsites. So either this new wage deal has enticed a load of applications or maybe they're waiting on the outcome of the local elections, as the Labour candidate has said she will re-nationlise all service bus companies if she gets elected......
Driver9***
30 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm #42

I notice Arriva have pulled all their job adverts from Indeed and other jobsites. So either this new wage deal has enticed a load of applications or maybe they're waiting on the outcome of the local elections, as the Labour candidate has said she will re-nationlise all service bus companies if she gets elected......

Dan

Site Administrator

01 May 2024, 6:36 am #43
(30 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm)Driver9*** I notice Arriva have pulled all their job adverts from Indeed and other jobsites. So either this new wage deal has enticed a load of applications or maybe they're waiting on the outcome of the local elections, as the Labour candidate has said she will re-nationlise all service bus companies if she gets elected......

I often found temporarily removing job adverts from those websites and then re-listing them forced the algorithm to push the jobs more to users of the website, and resulted in a ‘boom’ of applications.

It is entirely possible Arriva has noticed this too and you’ve just seen it during the temporary removal period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
01 May 2024, 6:36 am #43

(30 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm)Driver9*** I notice Arriva have pulled all their job adverts from Indeed and other jobsites. So either this new wage deal has enticed a load of applications or maybe they're waiting on the outcome of the local elections, as the Labour candidate has said she will re-nationlise all service bus companies if she gets elected......

I often found temporarily removing job adverts from those websites and then re-listing them forced the algorithm to push the jobs more to users of the website, and resulted in a ‘boom’ of applications.

It is entirely possible Arriva has noticed this too and you’ve just seen it during the temporary removal period.

Andreos1

01 May 2024, 7:04 am #44
(01 May 2024, 6:36 am)Dan I often found temporarily removing job adverts from those websites and then re-listing them forced the algorithm to push the jobs more to users of the website, and resulted in a ‘boom’ of applications.

Insurance companies have noticed the lack of preventative maintenance has the same effect on bus fleets too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 May 2024, 7:04 am #44

(01 May 2024, 6:36 am)Dan I often found temporarily removing job adverts from those websites and then re-listing them forced the algorithm to push the jobs more to users of the website, and resulted in a ‘boom’ of applications.

Insurance companies have noticed the lack of preventative maintenance has the same effect on bus fleets too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

01 May 2024, 8:46 am #45

A local councillor does not have the power to nationalise anything. That would be up to central government.
Ex-conductor
01 May 2024, 8:46 am #45

A local councillor does not have the power to nationalise anything. That would be up to central government.

Chris 1

01 May 2024, 11:25 am #46

I noticed that.  Nothing for drivers for the North East on their own website either, which now looks to workday (similar to stagecoach) and shows Arriva as a whole rather than just Arriva buses.
Chris 1
01 May 2024, 11:25 am #46

I noticed that.  Nothing for drivers for the North East on their own website either, which now looks to workday (similar to stagecoach) and shows Arriva as a whole rather than just Arriva buses.

Storx

01 May 2024, 11:45 am #47

Maybe it's the moving of the systems aswell, the iSquared takeover is happening at some point. I'd assume DB will want to detatch it from their own website which you used to apply through.
Edited 01 May 2024, 11:47 am by Storx.
Storx
01 May 2024, 11:45 am #47

Maybe it's the moving of the systems aswell, the iSquared takeover is happening at some point. I'd assume DB will want to detatch it from their own website which you used to apply through.

Yesterday, 3:34 pm #48
(30 Apr 2024, 7:04 am)Storx Seems like it's going to be a bit of a messy week in far SE Northumberland this week as the Seghill Level Crossing closure is impacting the 57/57A, X7-X11 quite badly, the traffic last night was horrific pretty much all over.

The X10/X11 being impacted going into/out Blyth between Laverock Hall and the roadworks for Newsham Station before anyone is wondering how the hell they're impacted since people who usually cut through Seaton Delaval can't anymore.

Today a X7 Driver actually went into Seghill as far as the Blake Arms, looping back using Front Street/Pit Lane to return to the diversion route via Annitsford. I can't understand ewhy all of the buses won't do that, as it would mean the shuttle bus would only need to run between Seaton Delaval and Blaketown (Burnlea Gardens).  Huh
solsburian
Yesterday, 3:34 pm #48

(30 Apr 2024, 7:04 am)Storx Seems like it's going to be a bit of a messy week in far SE Northumberland this week as the Seghill Level Crossing closure is impacting the 57/57A, X7-X11 quite badly, the traffic last night was horrific pretty much all over.

The X10/X11 being impacted going into/out Blyth between Laverock Hall and the roadworks for Newsham Station before anyone is wondering how the hell they're impacted since people who usually cut through Seaton Delaval can't anymore.

Today a X7 Driver actually went into Seghill as far as the Blake Arms, looping back using Front Street/Pit Lane to return to the diversion route via Annitsford. I can't understand ewhy all of the buses won't do that, as it would mean the shuttle bus would only need to run between Seaton Delaval and Blaketown (Burnlea Gardens).  Huh

Storx

Yesterday, 4:13 pm #49
(Yesterday, 3:34 pm)solsburian Today a X7 Driver actually went into Seghill as far as the Blake Arms, looping back using Front Street/Pit Lane to return to the diversion route via Annitsford. I can't understand ewhy all of the buses won't do that, as it would mean the shuttle bus would only need to run between Seaton Delaval and Blaketown (Burnlea Gardens).  Huh

Would make sense if you ask me, no doubt the extra bus would be the problem though. 

Tbh I'm surprised the 19 isn't doing that route and omitting Seaton Delaval instead considering we've got the 57/57A instead which goes to similar places. Okay we'd lose the Cobalt links but for the sake of a week it would probably make more sense to give Seghill something reasonable.
Storx
Yesterday, 4:13 pm #49

(Yesterday, 3:34 pm)solsburian Today a X7 Driver actually went into Seghill as far as the Blake Arms, looping back using Front Street/Pit Lane to return to the diversion route via Annitsford. I can't understand ewhy all of the buses won't do that, as it would mean the shuttle bus would only need to run between Seaton Delaval and Blaketown (Burnlea Gardens).  Huh

Would make sense if you ask me, no doubt the extra bus would be the problem though. 

Tbh I'm surprised the 19 isn't doing that route and omitting Seaton Delaval instead considering we've got the 57/57A instead which goes to similar places. Okay we'd lose the Cobalt links but for the sake of a week it would probably make more sense to give Seghill something reasonable.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average