Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5
Aaron21

30 Nov 2023, 9:43 am #81
I genuinely genuinely give up trying with this new ticket. Hell it be a lot easier if they just kept the £9.10 ticket seems to be less confusing. Here's how it's went this morning

Me "can I have the T&W Day Rover the £6 one

Driver "what's that I've not heard of this"

Me "it's the T&W Day Rover its the new £6 one"

Driver "9.10 that's the only one I can find (spends 5 minutes looking for a ticket)

Me "just give me a single to Whitley Bay"

Like this ticket has been around a month and apparently the £9.10 is still on the ticket machines. I genuinely give up at this point trying. The amount of times I've asked for the ticket and drivers somehow struggled to find it annoys me. They can find the £9 10 one but not thr £6 one. I'm not even gonna try buying the £6.80 as that isn't even marked as being an explorer ticket
Aaron21
30 Nov 2023, 9:43 am #81

I genuinely genuinely give up trying with this new ticket. Hell it be a lot easier if they just kept the £9.10 ticket seems to be less confusing. Here's how it's went this morning

Driver "9.10 that's the only one I can find (spends 5 minutes looking for a ticket)

Like this ticket has been around a month and apparently the £9.10 is still on the ticket machines. I genuinely give up at this point trying. The amount of times I've asked for the ticket and drivers somehow struggled to find it annoys me. They can find the £9 10 one but not thr £6 one. I'm not even gonna try buying the £6.80 as that isn't even marked as being an explorer ticket

Rob44

30 Nov 2023, 9:45 am #82
(30 Nov 2023, 9:43 am)Aaron21 I genuinely genuinely give up trying with this new ticket. Hell it be a lot easier if they just kept the £9.10 ticket seems to be less confusing. Here's how it's went this morning

But its no an explorer ticket though>  it doest take you into hartlepool etc and not into north yorkshire... or am i mistaken?
Rob44
30 Nov 2023, 9:45 am #82

(30 Nov 2023, 9:43 am)Aaron21 I genuinely genuinely give up trying with this new ticket. Hell it be a lot easier if they just kept the £9.10 ticket seems to be less confusing. Here's how it's went this morning

But its no an explorer ticket though>  it doest take you into hartlepool etc and not into north yorkshire... or am i mistaken?

Aaron21

30 Nov 2023, 9:49 am #83
(30 Nov 2023, 9:45 am)Rob44 But its no an explorer ticket though>  it doest take you into hartlepool etc and not into north yorkshire... or am i mistaken?

Yea but try explaining to me what the hell I'm meant to say to the driver to ask for that ticket
Aaron21
30 Nov 2023, 9:49 am #83

(30 Nov 2023, 9:45 am)Rob44 But its no an explorer ticket though>  it doest take you into hartlepool etc and not into north yorkshire... or am i mistaken?

Yea but try explaining to me what the hell I'm meant to say to the driver to ask for that ticket

Storx

30 Nov 2023, 9:51 am #84
They're not Explorer / Day Rover tickets. They're Transport North East tickets. They'll not be finding them as they'll be looking under the Network One menu which has about 50 tickets in it. I haven't asked for them but the ticket types are:

Transport North East All Zones (£6.80)
Transport North East T&W (£6.00)
Transport North East Northumberland (£5.00)
Transport North East Durham County (£4.00)
Storx
30 Nov 2023, 9:51 am #84

They're not Explorer / Day Rover tickets. They're Transport North East tickets. They'll not be finding them as they'll be looking under the Network One menu which has about 50 tickets in it. I haven't asked for them but the ticket types are:

Aaron21

30 Nov 2023, 9:54 am #85
(30 Nov 2023, 9:51 am)Storx They're not Explorer / Day Rover tickets. They're Transport North East tickets. They'll not be finding them as they'll be looking under the Network One menu which has about 50 tickets in it. I haven't asked for them but the ticket types are:

I've said T&W day rover I always say £6 after cause I did it with the £9.10 as well.
Aaron21
30 Nov 2023, 9:54 am #85

(30 Nov 2023, 9:51 am)Storx They're not Explorer / Day Rover tickets. They're Transport North East tickets. They'll not be finding them as they'll be looking under the Network One menu which has about 50 tickets in it. I haven't asked for them but the ticket types are:

I've said T&W day rover I always say £6 after cause I did it with the £9.10 as well.

Adrian

30 Nov 2023, 9:55 am #86

I don't think it's helped having two products (at least known) with the same name, but nor do I understand why they'd still have the Network One Day Rover on the ticket machine? It doesn't offer anything additional nor serve a different area to the TNE T&W Day Rover. It'd stop customers being overcharged, if nothing else.

You may find it offers more clarity if you mention 'Transport North East', but I find it easier to buy tickets on the GNE app to be honest. At least you're in control of finding and buying the ticket, and the QR scans work on Arriva buses too. Although I found that a bit hit and miss in the first week.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Nov 2023, 9:55 am #86

I don't think it's helped having two products (at least known) with the same name, but nor do I understand why they'd still have the Network One Day Rover on the ticket machine? It doesn't offer anything additional nor serve a different area to the TNE T&W Day Rover. It'd stop customers being overcharged, if nothing else.

You may find it offers more clarity if you mention 'Transport North East', but I find it easier to buy tickets on the GNE app to be honest. At least you're in control of finding and buying the ticket, and the QR scans work on Arriva buses too. Although I found that a bit hit and miss in the first week.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Aaron21

30 Nov 2023, 10:00 am #87
(30 Nov 2023, 9:55 am)Adrian I don't think it's helped having two products (at least known) with the same name, but nor do I understand why they'd still have the Network One Day Rover on the ticket machine? It doesn't offer anything additional nor serve a different area to the TNE T&W Day Rover. It'd stop customers being overcharged, if nothing else.

I've just said "Can I have the Transport North East T&W Day Rover" and he gave me it
Aaron21
30 Nov 2023, 10:00 am #87

(30 Nov 2023, 9:55 am)Adrian I don't think it's helped having two products (at least known) with the same name, but nor do I understand why they'd still have the Network One Day Rover on the ticket machine? It doesn't offer anything additional nor serve a different area to the TNE T&W Day Rover. It'd stop customers being overcharged, if nothing else.

I've just said "Can I have the Transport North East T&W Day Rover" and he gave me it

Storx

30 Nov 2023, 10:13 am #88
(30 Nov 2023, 9:54 am)Aaron21 I've said T&W day rover I always say £6 after cause I did it with the £9.10 as well.

Aye, I think it's the rover part that will be confusing them as that's always been a Network One ticket. Assuming this is Arriva, you have to remember most these drivers are Northumberland based so people buying Tyne and Wear only tickets will be quite rare. 

I'm assumed they're clued up with the All Zone ticket though as it replaced all the local zones up here, so if you mention the TNE (without rover) then they'd know where it is.

I used to have similar problems trying to get the old triple zone tickets on the X12 from Birtley, used to just resort to showing them how to do them instead. It didn't help that it was named 1D AD T&W + BH TZ or some absolute nonsense like that either mind.
Storx
30 Nov 2023, 10:13 am #88

(30 Nov 2023, 9:54 am)Aaron21 I've said T&W day rover I always say £6 after cause I did it with the £9.10 as well.

Aye, I think it's the rover part that will be confusing them as that's always been a Network One ticket. Assuming this is Arriva, you have to remember most these drivers are Northumberland based so people buying Tyne and Wear only tickets will be quite rare. 

I'm assumed they're clued up with the All Zone ticket though as it replaced all the local zones up here, so if you mention the TNE (without rover) then they'd know where it is.

I used to have similar problems trying to get the old triple zone tickets on the X12 from Birtley, used to just resort to showing them how to do them instead. It didn't help that it was named 1D AD T&W + BH TZ or some absolute nonsense like that either mind.

23 Dec 2023, 7:54 am #89

I'm shocked then that the £9.10 ticket and others at the old prices have not been withdrawn from the range on the ticket machines.

We can always print or show them the webpage with the Transport North East prices.
MetrolineGA1511
23 Dec 2023, 7:54 am #89

I'm shocked then that the £9.10 ticket and others at the old prices have not been withdrawn from the range on the ticket machines.

We can always print or show them the webpage with the Transport North East prices.

Rob44

23 Dec 2023, 8:21 am #90
(23 Dec 2023, 7:54 am)MetrolineGA1511 I'm shocked then that the £9.10 ticket and others at the old prices have not been withdrawn from the range on the ticket machines.

Which one is 9.10p? I though you were on about an explorer but that's 12 quid and obviously covers more area than the 6.80 ticket.

On a aide note i bout the T&W one on the 52 yesterday without a problem and it actually scanned on the arriva 45 service too!.  Shame i had to wait ages for Metro barrier people to stop talking about Christmas to let me through the gates at gateshead!!
Rob44
23 Dec 2023, 8:21 am #90

(23 Dec 2023, 7:54 am)MetrolineGA1511 I'm shocked then that the £9.10 ticket and others at the old prices have not been withdrawn from the range on the ticket machines.

Which one is 9.10p? I though you were on about an explorer but that's 12 quid and obviously covers more area than the 6.80 ticket.

On a aide note i bout the T&W one on the 52 yesterday without a problem and it actually scanned on the arriva 45 service too!.  Shame i had to wait ages for Metro barrier people to stop talking about Christmas to let me through the gates at gateshead!!

Shrek

23 Dec 2023, 10:02 am #91
(23 Dec 2023, 8:21 am)Rob44 On a aide note i bout the T&W one on the 52 yesterday without a problem and it actually scanned on the arriva 45 service too!.  Shame i had to wait ages for Metro barrier people to stop talking about Christmas to let me through the gates at gateshead!!
Exactly the same for me last week. Bought it on Arriva, scanned fine on GNE but nearly missed the Metro as I had to stand and wait so long for the Metro staff to stop chatting and actually notice the queue of us waiting impatiently at the barriers.
Shrek
23 Dec 2023, 10:02 am #91

(23 Dec 2023, 8:21 am)Rob44 On a aide note i bout the T&W one on the 52 yesterday without a problem and it actually scanned on the arriva 45 service too!.  Shame i had to wait ages for Metro barrier people to stop talking about Christmas to let me through the gates at gateshead!!
Exactly the same for me last week. Bought it on Arriva, scanned fine on GNE but nearly missed the Metro as I had to stand and wait so long for the Metro staff to stop chatting and actually notice the queue of us waiting impatiently at the barriers.

24 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #92
The day tickets are nice and convenient, but when will GNE pull their finger out their proverbial and get round to installing Tap on Tap off on the whole fleet, and make it interoperable with Arriva's, which should be possible as they use the same system.

It feels so backwards having to ask the driver for a ticket or even get out my phone to scan an app.
streetdeckfan
24 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #92

The day tickets are nice and convenient, but when will GNE pull their finger out their proverbial and get round to installing Tap on Tap off on the whole fleet, and make it interoperable with Arriva's, which should be possible as they use the same system.

It feels so backwards having to ask the driver for a ticket or even get out my phone to scan an app.

Andreos1

24 Dec 2023, 9:59 am #93
(24 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)streetdeckfan The day tickets are nice and convenient, but when will GNE pull their finger out their proverbial and get round to installing Tap on Tap off on the whole fleet, and make it interoperable with Arriva's, which should be possible as they use the same system.

I distinctly remember using TOTO in Amsterdam donkeys years ago. Well before smart card technology was rolled out beyond London. 

The lack of joined up thinking (mentioned just now on another thread in the forum) baffles me.
When the technology arrived in the NE, each operator and Nexus did their own thing. 
Each applying for and receiving a pot of money for the AVL and Smartcard technology and subsequently seeing their individual BSOG enhancement as a result. 

Revenue sharing and working together was clearly at the bottom of the wishlist.

Whilst not too sure on the accuracy of some of the things mentioned in this article, the general consensus is interesting https://www.route-one.net/features/multi...cal-issue/

Have a Google up of some of the publically available info on grants and handouts and you can see why us passengers are just an inconvenience to the operators money making aspirations.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Dec 2023, 9:59 am #93

(24 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)streetdeckfan The day tickets are nice and convenient, but when will GNE pull their finger out their proverbial and get round to installing Tap on Tap off on the whole fleet, and make it interoperable with Arriva's, which should be possible as they use the same system.

I distinctly remember using TOTO in Amsterdam donkeys years ago. Well before smart card technology was rolled out beyond London. 

The lack of joined up thinking (mentioned just now on another thread in the forum) baffles me.
When the technology arrived in the NE, each operator and Nexus did their own thing. 
Each applying for and receiving a pot of money for the AVL and Smartcard technology and subsequently seeing their individual BSOG enhancement as a result. 

Revenue sharing and working together was clearly at the bottom of the wishlist.

Whilst not too sure on the accuracy of some of the things mentioned in this article, the general consensus is interesting https://www.route-one.net/features/multi...cal-issue/

Have a Google up of some of the publically available info on grants and handouts and you can see why us passengers are just an inconvenience to the operators money making aspirations.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Rob44

24 Dec 2023, 10:36 am #94
We have network one tickets for years though which are multi operator and always have been.
Rob44
24 Dec 2023, 10:36 am #94

We have network one tickets for years though which are multi operator and always have been.

DeltaMan

24 Dec 2023, 12:16 pm #95
(24 Dec 2023, 10:36 am)Rob44 We have network one tickets for years though which are multi operator and always have been.

It's hardly promoted. You have to already know about it to buy it. 

Network Ticketing should be brought under the auspicious of TNE/Nexus, like is the case in West Yorkshire. Only then will we have something approaching a coherent ticketing strategy.

Given I STILL can't use a bank card to tap in and tap out a Metro gateline, maybe that might not be a good idea after all
DeltaMan
24 Dec 2023, 12:16 pm #95

(24 Dec 2023, 10:36 am)Rob44 We have network one tickets for years though which are multi operator and always have been.

It's hardly promoted. You have to already know about it to buy it. 

Network Ticketing should be brought under the auspicious of TNE/Nexus, like is the case in West Yorkshire. Only then will we have something approaching a coherent ticketing strategy.

Given I STILL can't use a bank card to tap in and tap out a Metro gateline, maybe that might not be a good idea after all

07 Jan 2024, 10:07 am #96

I admit I feel much happier with paper tickets, even acquired by contactless card, than tap on/tap off.

The latter means having to use our card loads of times rather than just once.  There is also a greater risk of us forgetting to tap off or - much worse - someone stealing our card as we are getting off the bus.
MetrolineGA1511
07 Jan 2024, 10:07 am #96

I admit I feel much happier with paper tickets, even acquired by contactless card, than tap on/tap off.

The latter means having to use our card loads of times rather than just once.  There is also a greater risk of us forgetting to tap off or - much worse - someone stealing our card as we are getting off the bus.

07 Jan 2024, 8:55 pm #97
(07 Jan 2024, 10:07 am)MetrolineGA1511 I admit I feel much happier with paper tickets, even acquired by contactless card, than tap on/tap off.

Paper tickets are such a faff, although are still a step above an app ticket in terms of convenience.

I can't say I've ever been concerned about my card getting stolen, although I have managed to yeet it at the driver once and it ended up in their bag, that was awkward!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
07 Jan 2024, 8:55 pm #97

(07 Jan 2024, 10:07 am)MetrolineGA1511 I admit I feel much happier with paper tickets, even acquired by contactless card, than tap on/tap off.

Paper tickets are such a faff, although are still a step above an app ticket in terms of convenience.

I can't say I've ever been concerned about my card getting stolen, although I have managed to yeet it at the driver once and it ended up in their bag, that was awkward!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

BusLoverMum

09 Jan 2024, 12:27 pm #98
I like to stare blankly at a puzzle game on my iPad, in the morning, while working my way through a bucket of strong coffee, and I've had ads for these tickets popping up, this week.
BusLoverMum
09 Jan 2024, 12:27 pm #98

I like to stare blankly at a puzzle game on my iPad, in the morning, while working my way through a bucket of strong coffee, and I've had ads for these tickets popping up, this week.

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average