Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

T&A Day Rover & Explorer. Go North East & Arriva

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
26 Oct 2023, 6:16 am #41
A frustration of mine..

The quality of information available to the public is all too frequently rather poor.

It appears that the TNE ticket is coming to arriva from 5th November but ( unless arriva have jumped the gun) there is no mention of this on the other major bus operators sites who presumably will be selling the same ticket from the same date?

Even the self appointed king of marketing (GNE) has nothing on its website.

Linked with this Nexus have a link on their website referring to the Scarlet Band Durham park and ride.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/ticket-informat...s-services

I can appreciate if good quality information isn't available that the general public (who aren't really interested in public transport) are deterred from using public transport.

I recently saw a post on Facebook where someone asked a 'how do I get from A to B' type question. Vast majority of respondents gave advice to use Stagecoach services, a few suggested (now withdrawn) arriva services and the odd one suggested a GNE service. Benefit of a stable network?

Sent from my moto g(9) power using Tapatalk
durhambusman
26 Oct 2023, 6:16 am #41

A frustration of mine..

The quality of information available to the public is all too frequently rather poor.

It appears that the TNE ticket is coming to arriva from 5th November but ( unless arriva have jumped the gun) there is no mention of this on the other major bus operators sites who presumably will be selling the same ticket from the same date?

Linked with this Nexus have a link on their website referring to the Scarlet Band Durham park and ride.

I can appreciate if good quality information isn't available that the general public (who aren't really interested in public transport) are deterred from using public transport.

I recently saw a post on Facebook where someone asked a 'how do I get from A to B' type question. Vast majority of respondents gave advice to use Stagecoach services, a few suggested (now withdrawn) arriva services and the odd one suggested a GNE service. Benefit of a stable network?

busmanT

26 Oct 2023, 8:02 am #42
(26 Oct 2023, 6:16 am)durhambusman A frustration of mine..

I suspect Arriva have announced this early as they are also changing their own tickets.
busmanT
26 Oct 2023, 8:02 am #42

(26 Oct 2023, 6:16 am)durhambusman A frustration of mine..

I suspect Arriva have announced this early as they are also changing their own tickets.

26 Oct 2023, 8:09 pm #43
(26 Oct 2023, 8:02 am)busmanT I suspect Arriva have announced this early as they are also changing their own tickets.

That's what I thought.

Are these new tickets only valid on Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach or will they also be available/valid on A-Line, Gateshead Central Taxis, Hodgsons, Phoenix, Stanley Travel and Weardale?
OrangeArrow49
26 Oct 2023, 8:09 pm #43

(26 Oct 2023, 8:02 am)busmanT I suspect Arriva have announced this early as they are also changing their own tickets.

That's what I thought.

Are these new tickets only valid on Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach or will they also be available/valid on A-Line, Gateshead Central Taxis, Hodgsons, Phoenix, Stanley Travel and Weardale?

busmanT

26 Oct 2023, 9:40 pm #44
(26 Oct 2023, 8:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's what I thought.

All operators in the TNE area as far as I understand these new tickets - but we’ll have to await the official announcement from TNE about validity. Nothing on their website yet.
busmanT
26 Oct 2023, 9:40 pm #44

(26 Oct 2023, 8:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's what I thought.

All operators in the TNE area as far as I understand these new tickets - but we’ll have to await the official announcement from TNE about validity. Nothing on their website yet.

27 Oct 2023, 11:01 am #45
I emailed TNE and they have confirmed it all kicks off on November 5th.

"Thank you for your email. We’ll be publishing further information on the new fares next week, but I can confirm that when launched on 5th November the fare will be available from other bus operators in our region as well as from Arriva. We’ll publish details on our website and our social media channels."

durhambusman
27 Oct 2023, 11:01 am #45

I emailed TNE and they have confirmed it all kicks off on November 5th.

"Thank you for your email. We’ll be publishing further information on the new fares next week, but I can confirm that when launched on 5th November the fare will be available from other bus operators in our region as well as from Arriva. We’ll publish details on our website and our social media channels."

Aaron21

27 Oct 2023, 11:37 am #46
(27 Oct 2023, 11:01 am)durhambusman I emailed TNE and they have confirmed it all kicks off on November 5th.

Ive never been happier. So long £9 10 and £12 70. Finally
Aaron21
27 Oct 2023, 11:37 am #46

(27 Oct 2023, 11:01 am)durhambusman I emailed TNE and they have confirmed it all kicks off on November 5th.

Ive never been happier. So long £9 10 and £12 70. Finally

Aaron21

30 Oct 2023, 11:22 pm #47
Stagecoach have announced the tickets prices for the 5th November

£6.80 TNE Day Saver (valid on all local buses service throughout T&W Northumberland & County Durham plus metro and ferry)

£6 T&W Day Rover (valid on all local bus metro and ferry services)

£5 Northumberland Day Rover (valid on all local bus service in Northumberland)

£4 Durham Day Rover (valid on all local bus services in County Durham)
Aaron21
30 Oct 2023, 11:22 pm #47

Stagecoach have announced the tickets prices for the 5th November

£6.80 TNE Day Saver (valid on all local buses service throughout T&W Northumberland & County Durham plus metro and ferry)

£6 T&W Day Rover (valid on all local bus metro and ferry services)

£5 Northumberland Day Rover (valid on all local bus service in Northumberland)

£4 Durham Day Rover (valid on all local bus services in County Durham)

Rob44

31 Oct 2023, 10:28 am #48
Couldn't find anywhere to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - on the question of ticketing how many passes are available??? I've notice from using GCT that a few seem to be showing a QR code to the driver which i assume is a network 1 ticket. Then you have the physical tickets but someone today go on the bus with what looked like a concessionary permit. But it war 915am? I thought these started from 930?
Rob44
31 Oct 2023, 10:28 am #48

Couldn't find anywhere to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - on the question of ticketing how many passes are available??? I've notice from using GCT that a few seem to be showing a QR code to the driver which i assume is a network 1 ticket. Then you have the physical tickets but someone today go on the bus with what looked like a concessionary permit. But it war 915am? I thought these started from 930?

MurdnunoC

31 Oct 2023, 10:41 am #49
(31 Oct 2023, 10:28 am)Rob44 Couldn't find anywhere to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - on the question of ticketing how many passes are available??? I've notice from using GCT that a few seem to be showing a QR code to the driver which i assume is a network 1 ticket. Then you have the physical tickets but someone today go on the bus with what looked like a concessionary permit. But it war 915am? I thought these started from 930?
There is an all-day concessionary pass available for those who have a disability and either attend college or work more than 15 hours a week, I believe. Because they are 'all-day' obviously means they can be used before 0930.

Also, concessionary pass holders who have either a doctor or hospital appointment and need to travel before 0930 are permitted to do so if they produce a letter/documents showing this to be the case.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
31 Oct 2023, 10:41 am #49

(31 Oct 2023, 10:28 am)Rob44 Couldn't find anywhere to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - on the question of ticketing how many passes are available??? I've notice from using GCT that a few seem to be showing a QR code to the driver which i assume is a network 1 ticket. Then you have the physical tickets but someone today go on the bus with what looked like a concessionary permit. But it war 915am? I thought these started from 930?
There is an all-day concessionary pass available for those who have a disability and either attend college or work more than 15 hours a week, I believe. Because they are 'all-day' obviously means they can be used before 0930.

Also, concessionary pass holders who have either a doctor or hospital appointment and need to travel before 0930 are permitted to do so if they produce a letter/documents showing this to be the case.

Rob44

31 Oct 2023, 11:21 am #50
(31 Oct 2023, 10:41 am)MurdnunoC There is an all-day concessionary pass available for those who have a disability and either attend college or work more than 15 hours a week, I believe. Because they are 'all-day' obviously means they can be used before 0930.

Thanks - I knew about the doctors letter bit - thats been going for a while.  When I used to to do my mams shopping in Gosforth a bloke got on in front of me head to the shops.  he had an appointment card so got on for nowt and got off with me in Gosforth.  I then got on the bus home about an hour later with him - and he had 3 bags of shopping!!!

I didn't know about that all day concessionary ticket. is that a new thing?
Rob44
31 Oct 2023, 11:21 am #50

(31 Oct 2023, 10:41 am)MurdnunoC There is an all-day concessionary pass available for those who have a disability and either attend college or work more than 15 hours a week, I believe. Because they are 'all-day' obviously means they can be used before 0930.

Thanks - I knew about the doctors letter bit - thats been going for a while.  When I used to to do my mams shopping in Gosforth a bloke got on in front of me head to the shops.  he had an appointment card so got on for nowt and got off with me in Gosforth.  I then got on the bus home about an hour later with him - and he had 3 bags of shopping!!!

I didn't know about that all day concessionary ticket. is that a new thing?

Ambassador

31 Oct 2023, 11:31 am #51
(31 Oct 2023, 11:21 am)Rob44 I didn't know about that all day concessionary ticket. is that a new thing?

No, it's been around as long the concessionary ticket.

It's not just disabled, anyone who has been declined a driving licence (for medical reasons like eyesight/some forms of epilepsy etc) will get one too. If you work more than 15 hours a week or are studying you can get the all day one, you normally need to provide a letter from your employer/college. 

https://www.nexus.org.uk/ticket-informat...led-adults

(It's a bit clumsy that Nexus have listed it under Disabled Adults tbh and not very DEI friendly)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
31 Oct 2023, 11:31 am #51

(31 Oct 2023, 11:21 am)Rob44 I didn't know about that all day concessionary ticket. is that a new thing?

No, it's been around as long the concessionary ticket.

It's not just disabled, anyone who has been declined a driving licence (for medical reasons like eyesight/some forms of epilepsy etc) will get one too. If you work more than 15 hours a week or are studying you can get the all day one, you normally need to provide a letter from your employer/college. 

https://www.nexus.org.uk/ticket-informat...led-adults

(It's a bit clumsy that Nexus have listed it under Disabled Adults tbh and not very DEI friendly)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

DeltaMan

05 Nov 2023, 11:45 am #52
Good to see Transport North East marketing the TNE Day Tickets. Shame it's only to around 900 twitter followers, that probably already know what is going on.

Absolutely useless. No doubt they are doing a "soft launch" and the usual suspects will be part of a photo op next week, and then that will be that!
DeltaMan
05 Nov 2023, 11:45 am #52

Good to see Transport North East marketing the TNE Day Tickets. Shame it's only to around 900 twitter followers, that probably already know what is going on.

Absolutely useless. No doubt they are doing a "soft launch" and the usual suspects will be part of a photo op next week, and then that will be that!

05 Nov 2023, 11:52 am #53
Annoyingly the arriva map is showing the TNE ticket as valid in Hartlepool and Darlington but not in Stanley and Consett.
.pdf
TNE All Zone.pdf
Size 1.56 MB / Downloads 41

durhambusman
05 Nov 2023, 11:52 am #53

Annoyingly the arriva map is showing the TNE ticket as valid in Hartlepool and Darlington but not in Stanley and Consett.

.pdf
TNE All Zone.pdf
Size 1.56 MB / Downloads 41

RobinHood

05 Nov 2023, 9:57 pm #54
(05 Nov 2023, 11:52 am)durhambusman Annoyingly the arriva map is showing the TNE ticket as valid in Hartlepool and Darlington but not in Stanley and Consett.

Clearly an error.
RobinHood
05 Nov 2023, 9:57 pm #54

(05 Nov 2023, 11:52 am)durhambusman Annoyingly the arriva map is showing the TNE ticket as valid in Hartlepool and Darlington but not in Stanley and Consett.

Clearly an error.

Rob44

07 Nov 2023, 4:43 pm #55
Looks like you can only buy the 680 ticket at Metro machines. I anly wanted a tyne and wear one for 6 quid but not an option??
Rob44
07 Nov 2023, 4:43 pm #55

Looks like you can only buy the 680 ticket at Metro machines. I anly wanted a tyne and wear one for 6 quid but not an option??

MurdnunoC

07 Nov 2023, 5:01 pm #56
(07 Nov 2023, 4:43 pm)Rob44 Looks like you can only buy the 680 ticket at Metro machines. I anly wanted a tyne and wear one for 6 quid but not an option??

You can buy them on the GNE app.
MurdnunoC
07 Nov 2023, 5:01 pm #56

(07 Nov 2023, 4:43 pm)Rob44 Looks like you can only buy the 680 ticket at Metro machines. I anly wanted a tyne and wear one for 6 quid but not an option??

You can buy them on the GNE app.

Rob44

07 Nov 2023, 9:33 pm #57
I'll pass on that. I'm just wonder why the tyne and were only one wasn't available??
Rob44
07 Nov 2023, 9:33 pm #57

I'll pass on that. I'm just wonder why the tyne and were only one wasn't available??

Aaron21

07 Nov 2023, 11:07 pm #58
(07 Nov 2023, 9:33 pm)Rob44 I'll pass on that. I'm just wonder why the tyne and were only one wasn't available??

Exact same thing happened to me today. Asked for a T&W Day Rover and gave me the £9.10 one so god knows what's going on
Aaron21
07 Nov 2023, 11:07 pm #58

(07 Nov 2023, 9:33 pm)Rob44 I'll pass on that. I'm just wonder why the tyne and were only one wasn't available??

Exact same thing happened to me today. Asked for a T&W Day Rover and gave me the £9.10 one so god knows what's going on

mb134

07 Nov 2023, 11:27 pm #59
I've bought the T&W one twice since Sunday and on both occasions the driver has had no issue. The first one confirmed it was the £6 one I wanted, but the second one put it through straight away.

I haven't on this launch, but generally if there's a ticket that is new or that I don't buy often I'll also specify the price just so the driver knows what I'm talking about. Given the amount of tickets they have to sell, and that everyone seems to call them slightly different things, I think stating the price eliminates any potential confusion.
mb134
07 Nov 2023, 11:27 pm #59

I've bought the T&W one twice since Sunday and on both occasions the driver has had no issue. The first one confirmed it was the £6 one I wanted, but the second one put it through straight away.

I haven't on this launch, but generally if there's a ticket that is new or that I don't buy often I'll also specify the price just so the driver knows what I'm talking about. Given the amount of tickets they have to sell, and that everyone seems to call them slightly different things, I think stating the price eliminates any potential confusion.

F114TML

08 Nov 2023, 10:53 am #60
(07 Nov 2023, 11:27 pm)mb134 I've bought the T&W one twice since Sunday and on both occasions the driver has had no issue. The first one confirmed it was the £6 one I wanted, but the second one put it through straight away.

Yes, I love it when people specify "£4.50 dayrider" or "£5.50 dayrider", particularly on the Economics and X24s. I once had someone get on an X24 asked for a "one week", after trying to charge her £2 (thinking she said "one way"), I then charged her for a £12.50 megarider (more muscle memory than anything), it was only after I'd done all that and she'd paid that she specified she wanted the £19 one to go to Newcastle!

And while we're here, if you're getting a single please specify your destination, rather than just saying "2 quid please", it'll clear up a lot of confusion particularly if the service is cut short, or if you are gonna just ask for a £2 single and not say where to, please read the destination board.
F114TML
08 Nov 2023, 10:53 am #60

(07 Nov 2023, 11:27 pm)mb134 I've bought the T&W one twice since Sunday and on both occasions the driver has had no issue. The first one confirmed it was the £6 one I wanted, but the second one put it through straight away.

Yes, I love it when people specify "£4.50 dayrider" or "£5.50 dayrider", particularly on the Economics and X24s. I once had someone get on an X24 asked for a "one week", after trying to charge her £2 (thinking she said "one way"), I then charged her for a £12.50 megarider (more muscle memory than anything), it was only after I'd done all that and she'd paid that she specified she wanted the £19 one to go to Newcastle!

And while we're here, if you're getting a single please specify your destination, rather than just saying "2 quid please", it'll clear up a lot of confusion particularly if the service is cut short, or if you are gonna just ask for a £2 single and not say where to, please read the destination board.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average